2015-NYC-06: Appointment of Counsel

July 2015

"Van! That guy you were dancing with is H.O.T.!" Amber shrieked in my ear once we were in the restroom.

"I know, right?" I giggled, adjusting my boobs to better advantage in my dress.

"Holy shit, you bitch. You have all the luck. Last week it was the Air Force pilot from Jersey." She applied her lipstick, making eye contact with me in the mirror. "Maybe I need to get some of those," she nodded at my boobs, and I laughed louder.

"All you need is a really good bra, Amber," I pointedly looked at her chest. "It's not like you're missing anything in that department."

"Thanks, Van. I've got my eyes set on that cutie at the bar. The blond. Wanna be my wingwoman?"

I shrugged. "Sure. Whatever I can do to finally get you laid."

Amber snorted. "As if! I am so not into one night stands." She grabbed my arm, twisting me to face her, "Ohmigod! Are you going to fuck him?!" she squealed, her hand gripping my upper bicep with a squeeze that would leave a bruise. The fingerprint marks wouldn't fade from my skin until the middle of the next week.

"Honestly haven't decided," I nonchalantly stated, but I knew I wouldn't. Dancing was one thing. Taking him home was something else entirely. Maybe we could have a quality makeout session though. I missed being kissed with passion, and my nipples craved a man's touch.

Ensuring I had enough lipstick to leave a mark or two, I grinned at my colleague as we exited the restroom together.

He was there, waiting. That grin with that dimple on his handsome face. Grabbing my hand, he pulled me to a booth at the back of the bar. Glancing at Amber, I gave her my most apologetic look, and she waved me on. I watched as she set her gaze on her prey and sauntered to him on her heels, carefully unbuttoning to show her cleavage to best advantage. I shook my head at her, and she pouted before refastening.

Gesturing for me to climb into the booth first, he slid in behind me and, almost instantly, his lips were on mine. I knew that he'd been having a smoke break while I was busy pampering. The taste of cigarette and mint gum was intriguing, but not alluring. Still....it had been too long. Opening at his entreaty, I invited him in, and he wasted no time with his invasion.

Moving his hand to the back of my head, he held me still while he plundered my mouth. Hmmmm.....I thought....He's not a bad kisser. Not too much spit. Just the right amount of suction and tongue. If only he didn't taste like tobacco. It's a sexy smell when it's just loose herb, but the second someone's mouth tastes like ashes.....ick. I was analyzing his kiss more than I was enjoying it. I reached for his hand, pulling it to my covered breast, needing to feel the contact there.

That was a mistake. His grabbiness and tight grip made me want to grind my teeth, which would have been a poor choice with the extra tongue in my mouth. Tearing my mouth from his, I wasn't sure if I should push him away or draw him closer. His hand slid to my leg, winding his fingers in mine before drawing my hand to his jeans.

That's where I drew the line. Pushing him away, I smiled gently, "I'm gonna get a drink."

Standing from the booth as he moved, I approached the bar and grabbed Amber's hand, yanking her with me to the exit. "What the fuck, Vanessa?" she squawked.

"I'm calling it a night," I told her, "Are you staying?"

Her eyes roamed hungrily back to the blond at the bar who was facing our way, watching carefully. "I think so," she replied.

"Ohhhhhhh. You go, girl!" I gave her a quick hug and stepped out onto 47th Street. The Rum House is a fun place to visit after work because it's not far from the office. That meant I didn't have but a few blocks to catch the Q home.