Two

The helicopter that belonged to SHIELD made its way down upon the roof of the Melrose Hotel, making the cloth that covered the message ripple and the local police back to take cover. Once it landed, me, Quinn, Fitz, Daisy, and Coulson all walked out, looking around at the scene. The pavillion was a typical penthouse pool, with tables and umbrellas. I glanced to look at the medical team taking each of the seven lifeless bodies towards the elevator. As one passed, I took a glance at one of them on the cot. I recognized that blonde hair and pale skin.

"Stop for moment please." I ordered, walking up to the body while the two first responders stopped. I took hold of the white cloth and revealed the body, only to be in shock and sadness.

It was Amy. When I first moved here in New York I took a job at the local Macy's to furthur my then-motivated fashion career. Amy was the person who first greeted me, and she was so bubbly and bright back then. But now, seeing her body on the cot, lifeless with a red scar around her neck just stabbed a pain my heart. I wish I was there for her, I wish I hadn't trusted Kilgrave so quickly. But back then I didn't have a choice - he never gave me a choice.

A tear fell down my cheek as I covered her up again, and turning to see my husband and the agents watch me in confusion.

"I assume you knew her?" Coulson asked.

"Yeah." I replied, watching the responders take Amy into the elevator.

There was a brief silence between all of us, but Quinn decided to break it by clasping his hands together.

"So, where is this son of a bitch?" he asked, looking around the crime scene.

"The witnesses say that he is still in the building, somewhere in a room." Daisy said checking her phone.

"That's odd.." Quinn replied glancing at me.

I thought it was odd too. Kilgrave would always be the one to appear first, boisterous as ever about what he did and what he will do. But this time he is in the shadows. Something doesn't seem right.

"Okay, one of our agents have seen him on the fourth floor." Fitz stated. "What's the plan?"

"Me, Daisy, and Fitz will be going in first, to make sure there are no threats." Coulson explained, before throwing me and Quinn two tracking devices. "Quinn and Lilith will be behind us, as they are his main target."

Me and Quinn looked at each other with a hint of uneasiness, before nodding. "Okay." I agreed.

The three SHIELD agents made their way towards the elevator first, checking to see if there were any threats in the lift before confirming there is not. Me and Quinn went behind them and stood in the far corner or the surprisingly big elevator.

Coulson pressed to Floor 4 and we felt the elevator move.

I stood there next to my husband, reaching out for his hand before he took it, grasping it firmly.

"I thought we were officially done with him, I thought we would be happy for once again..." Quinn muttered looking down at the tiles before looking at me. "I thought you said you killed him?"

"I did." I replied.

"But in a dream, you know dreams are different than reality, love." Quinn stated.

"Well with Kilgrave you never fucking know do you?" I snapped.

Quinn grimanced before turning away and sighing.

I sighed too, looking down at the tiles as well. This all didn't make sense. Kilgrave obviously was controlling me in a dream that night, and what I did surely made an impact. But was it enough? Was what I did just made him go into hospice for a couple of months only to return to his murderous ways? It was hard to think about.

There was only one way when the elevator doors opened.

Coulson, Daisy, and Fitz walked out first, guns in hand looking around the dark maroon hallway that was dimly lit by old fashioned lights. Once it was clear, Daisy motioned for us to follow. Quinn and I let go of each other before walking into the hallway, taking out our own guns and looking around. Well, my gun was levitating beside me. We continued to walk slowly, before I looked at the end of the hallway, seeing a purple hue coming from the crack of the door. Room 0623. My birthday.

"He's in the room at the end." I said.

Coulson looked at the room at the end before looking back at me. "Alright, let's go."

"Actually..." I started walking up towards the room and looking back at the team. "I'd like to go in by myself."

Quinn groaned in the back. "Lilith, no, not again, I wont see you for weeks."

"It's different. I'm different." I stated, motioning to my levitating gun.

"Alright, we have a tracker on you in case he does angthing. Be wary at all times." Coulson replied.

I nodded before turning to the door and touching the doorknob.