Twenty

"NO!!" I screamed out, running towards Quinn, who was laying on the ground, bleeding out. Tears fell down my face as I knelt down, holding Quinn's face. "No... No... please... wake up.."

It did nothing. Quinn just laid there motionless, his face turning pale, his temperature cold. I cried gently looking down at my now dead husband.

Jessica watched from afar, her eyes filled with sympathy and anger.

The device was put on Kilgrave, and all I could hear from my sadness was Kilgrave's cackling in the background.

"You thought you could be free of me without a price?" He sauntered. "You thought wrong my dear Lilith."

I turned to him, anger and rage in my face. That was it, he did it all, and he's gonna pay for it. My eyes glowed an intense silver, and I felt every single object's presence in the room.

"You're dead now." I replied before I lifted all of the cars in the backyard, turning them into a big sword, holding it next to me.

"You're so sexy when you're angry..." Kilgrave gushed.

It was then I charged, making my way towards Kilgrave's neck, it was then I felt Jessica touch my hand. I turned to her.

"Calm yourself, Lilith." she advised. "You can get revenge later, we need to take him to where he won't hurt anyone again."

I glanced at Jessica and back at Kilgrave. I clenched my fists and then looked down. "Fine." I said, leaning away.

I watched as the SHIELD agents put Kilgrave in handcuffs and sent him away, Kilgrave's eyes never leaving mine. I huffed gently before looking back at my now dead husband on the ground. I kicked the side of the house and followed Jessica to her car.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

We were in the SHIELD headquarters again, with Kilgrave locked up in a glass room with the device still on him, we stood in front of me, me and Jessica watching as he was on a chair, tied up.

"I could look at both of you all day.." Kilgrave said, before turning to me. "Especially you."

"Shut the fuck up." I snapped looking at him. "I'm tired of it."

Kilgrave only chuckled.

Coulson walked in the room standing behind us. "Five minutes until that device kills him from the inside out."

I widened my eyes. "I had no idea it could kill him."

Jessica sighed. "It was the second thing we needed from the prototype."

I looked at both of them, impressed, before looking back at the man who ruined my life. The man who killed everyone who I loved who claimed it was out of love. The one who raped me, tortured me, kidnapped me, took advantage of me, the one who traumatized me, haunted me, and worst of all, ruined me. It was time for his end, and I was ready for it.

"Any last words?" Coulson asked both of us.

"Yeah, fuck off jerkface." Jessica said before making her way out of the room.

Kilgrave nodded. "Noted." He said with a smirk.

I looked at Kilgrave and he looked at me. I leaned close to the window, my breath against the glass. "It would be an honor to see your last breath." I said softly, my eyes glowing.

Kilgrave looked at me with intensity in his dark eyes. "I wouldn't have asked for a better witness." He replied.

I leaned back and sighed before making my way to where Jessica was in the back of the room and I looked down.

"Freedom and triumph is coming Lilith. You will be free soon." Jessica said.

I nodded. "Thanks." I said. "For everything."

"Of course." Jessica said, before opening a pocket of her leather jacket and getting a flask full of probably whiskey knowing her. She took a swig. "Want a pinch?" she asked.

"No I'm good." I replied.

"Suit yourself." Jessica said and downing the rest of it.

"Time. Now." The announcer said.

It was then the device glowed red, and suddenly Kilgrave was shouting in pain and agony, and his purple veins were going back to blue as normal. His skin was getting paler and his eyes were getting bloodshot.

I watched him with nothing but calm. This is how it felt like all these years, and he's finally getting all of it back. It felt bittersweet, and I loved it that way.

After Kilgrave's immense pain his eyes lowered and his breath stopped, and his head is lowered down. An agent walked in to confirm, and it was true and it was 100% real. He was dead. He was gone. The life of Kevin "Kilgrave" Thompson was over.

I'm free. I'm finally free. It's all over, it's gone. But the pain in my heart still grieved of Quinn, and suddenly everyone else Kilgrave took from me. I looked down at the ground before making my way out of the room, out of SHIELD.