Ten

The door barged open, and I jumped, causing the flowers next to me levitate and fall apart. Quinn, Adrienne, Coulson, and the other agents of SHIELD walked in staring at me in panic and concern.

"Lilith! Are you okay?" Adrienne asked walking up to me and holding my hand. I winced as it was the one attached to an IV.

"Yeah, I'm fine.." I muttered, putting my hand on my forehead.

"I knew Kilgrave would turn his back on us the moment he had a chance." Quinn said, rubbing my shoulder. "It was stupid, we shouldn't have gone to the scene, we shouldn't have gone to the hotel...."

I turned to my husband and put my arm on his. "Quinn. It's okay. I'm fine." I stated.

Quinn stared at me before nodding. "If you say so."

I sat up, throwing the blanket off of me, standing up, putting my clothes on before turning towards Agent Coulson.

"So Kilgrave has betrayed us, I'm not surprised, but he is back to being the biggest threat in the Hell's Kitchen area." He said, taking out his phone. "From now on, anything else Kilgrave does it would be his last."

He dialed a number and walked out of the room, probably talking to the other branch: SWORD.

I huffed, taking the IV off of my arm, and using one of the bandages the nurse put at my side and putting it over.

"You do know you can't do that..." Quinn started.

"Not that I care." I replied, making my way towards the door.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It has been a couple of days since I had last seen Kilgrave. Since we had our first major fight ever - two superhumans against each other. Either the fight hurt his ego and feelings or he's planning something more barbarous to take me back. I have no doubt it was the second option.

I was at SHIELD's base, on a computer in the lobby of the base, looking up Kilgrave's name and seeing if anyone reported his whereabouts. To be honest, it felt like karma was getting to him since now I'm stalking him, which felt nice.

As I took a sip of the coffee I was drinking, I felt my phone buzz. I jumped and grabbed it, checking the number. I smiled and pressed answer.

"Jessica, it's been a while." I greeted, leaning back in my chair.

"It has Lilith, but good god are you okay? I heard about the fight you had with Kilgrave and what he tried to do. He's fucking delirious." Jessica replied over the line.

"I'm fine, at least I think so." I said, leaning over the desk. "He is really going above and beyond and I don't know if I can take it any longer."

Jessica sighed. "I know, as you know I have been in your shoes before. You have to give him the message that enough is enough. Whether it's jail for life or killing him."

I bit my lip. "Jessica, what will killing him do? You tried and I tried and he seems to come back no matter what."

"You have to hit him when he least expects it." Jessica replied. "Lilith...."

I perked up a bit. "Yeah?"

Silence came from the other line before I heard Jessica sigh. "Lilith, I am so sorry that has and is still happening to you. I thought after what happened between me and him, he would let it go and stop, but it wasn't the case. I'm so sorry that Kilgrave killed your family, your friends, and who knows who else."

I could hear Jessica tear up on the other line. Tears started streaming down my face. "Jessica, none of this is your fault." I said.

"Lilith, but it is. I should have killed him and made sure I killed him on the pier that night. Now he's doing the same thing to you like he did with me, I can't possibly live that down knowing it could have all been avoided, you could have an amazing life." Jessica cried.

I looked down and wiped the tears off my face. "We just have to know whats going on right now, and face whats going on right now, and not think what could have been avoided." I said, my eyes turning glossy. "We both have to stick together, no matter what."

Jessica huffed out a breath. "Alright. Just... Call me if you need anything. ANYTHING." she said.

"Of course." I replied.

I heard the phone hang up, and I placed my phone on the desk, leaning back on my chair. I wiped my eyes and let out a deep breath. I stared at the computer screen, watching an empty street of New York turn from daytime to nighttime. I crossed my arms and laid my head down, watching the street.

I was about to drift off to sleep before I saw a figure walking down the street towards my old apartment. It was only when the streetlight showed that tidied up hair and purple suit, I knew who it was. I stood up and ran out of the lobby, running out to my car.