Eight

Kilgrave has controlled everyone in SHIELD to stay put as he sent me away with him towards his apartment in Manhattan. It was a kidnapping yet again, but it just seems odd this time. As I looked over at my enemy in the driver's seat, his eyes looked motivated and thoughtful. Whatever was coming, I can sure face it. After so many torturing by his truly, I have grown used to it.

The car pulled up to a restaurant in the heart of the city, parking on a handicapped spot, before walking out. Kilgrave straightened his purple suit and tie, before making his way towards my side opening the door holding his hand out. I only slapped it away before making my way towards the door opening it up.

There was no tables and no chairs except a empty room, where only one table and two chairs was in the middle, lit only by a couple of candles. Dear god, what on earth is going on.

"Like it huh?" Kilgrave chuckled. "I wasn't kidding when I said only me and you, no one else."

"You controlled the staff, good job. Want that on your resume?" I asked turning to him.

Kilgrave's smile turned to a frown. "You're a bitch." He snapped.

"Not as much as you, dickhead." I replied, making my way to the table.

We both sat down at the table, being greeted by an emotionless waitress who gave us red wine and bread.

I took a sip of the wine, feeling it burn down my throat. To be honest, it made me miss Jessica's whiskey. I looked at Kilgrave with annoysnce, before placing the glass down.

"You are so beautiful, Lilith." Kilgrave said with an exasperated sigh. "How did I get so lucky?"

I winced. I loved compliments but from him was pure discomfort. I glanced down. "Says the guy saying this to a already married woman." I replied. "Give up already, Kilgrave. It is not going to work and it will never work. I was never your second Jessica and I will never be. Why can't you admit defeat? I do not reciprocate feelings for you.... obviously you know why and you already best the bag on me. I'm a beaten up doll that you keep on beating up with, I had enough, have you?" I said, speaking from my heart more than my mind.

Kilgrave only looked at me before taking a sip of his wine. "Lilith Grey, when I first saw you I knew you had to be mine until the day I die. You were different from Jessica and so much more than what I would have hoped. I don't care about Quinn, I don't care about anyone else, I only care about you, and I love you."

I pressed my lips before clutching on a fork. "So killing my whole family is meant to be for love? So killing whoever speaks to me is meant for love? So making death threats to Adrienne to get me to go on a fucking date is meant for love? You have the wrong idea, Kilgrave. That is a psychopath. That is someone who is so engulfed in power he get what he wants. You ruined my life Kilgrave. You ruined everything for me. I sometimes wish I heeded my mother's advice and not go to New York. Sometimes I wish I could kill you and let it be over with. But no you keep on coming back. You're torturing me, Kilgrave. Not loving me. If you loved me, you would have not even bared an eye and left me alone that day."

It was alot to bare and I had to get it out of my chest. He needed to hear it.

Kilgrave only looked at me in silence. "You were my second chance, but it seems like I have failed."

"No shit." I snapped.

Silence again.

"You never learned, you failed with Jessica, and now you failed with me doesn't that say anything?" I said.

Kilgrave only tapped on the table.

I huffed at how he was suddenly not talking.

"Go. Get out of here. Get. I need to fucking think." Kilgrave ordered looking up at me.

I blinked, this was new. He wanted me away. I stood up and made my way to the door. "I will happily." I snapped.

"By the way, Lilith." Kilgrave said, stopping me in my tracks. "I wasn't controlling you that first night you had with me."

I paused, glancing over at him. I groaned and walked out of the door.