Nine

I walked out of the restaurant, crossing my arms looking at the busy street in front of me. I could escape right there and then and go back to SHIELD, help my crew unfreeze themselves and we go and get Kilgrave's ass. But a part of me just wanted to think myself too.

So I wasn't being controlled that first night. But it felt so sudden, all of the sudden I'm trusting a guy who broke in my apartment. Sounds like Wattpad right? But it was true, my feelings were there. A man who gave me attention, and who loved me, what I never got. But still, he stalked me, and I just - what am I thinking? He probably lied to me.

I glanced back at the restaurant that the man that ruined my life was sitting in, all healthy and safe.

I need to end this. I need to end him.

I started towards the car until I heard footsteps behind me.

"Where do you think you're going?"

I sighed, turning to see Kilgrave there, staring at me with frustration.

"It's over, Kilgrave. I'm going back to SHIELD, saving the few people I have left, and ending you." I snapped, opening the car door.

"Oh darling." Kilgrave sighed, a chuckle coming him. "We haven't started on the main course yet."

I frowned, until the emotionless waitress walked out with a tray that was covered. She opened the lid to reveal a empty injection, like the ones Kilgrave has been using.

"Look familiar? It's the same injection YOU stole from my apartment." Kilgrave snarled, strolling up to me.

"So what I stole your toy deal with it." I replied.

Kilgrave snapped his fingers, and the waitress gave him the injection, and he took it, walking up to me.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked.

But before I could say anything else, Kilgrave took my arm and slammed it down on the top of the car, making my arm tingle. I winced, and I watched as Kilgrave aimed the injection to one of my veins.

I growled before I focused on a nearest rock, making it levitate, and threw it at Kilgrave's face. He fell down and screamed, a familiar scream when I first left his apartment.

I stood up and held on to his throat, squeezing it, causing his veins to show the purple he had.

Kilgrave only screamed, grabbing my neck as well and we were both choking each other. When he squeezed harder, I did too, until I kicked his lower stomach, and he let go.

I helped myself up and looked at the injection. If he was trying to suck up my powers, there was a possibility I can to his.

I took it and tried to aim it on his arm. Too late. He gained his conscience again and slapped my face, and I only growled.

We both fought each other, trying to gain advantage over the other, the busy streets of New York not caring whether two superhuman people were fighting on the sidewalk.

I continued to fight for my life, and what was left of it. I had to get all of this out, all of the pain he has caused me, all of the heartbreak I had to endure, all of the fear he caused me in the past. It needed to be gone and gone now.

Kilgrave was a roach that grew to be an enormous swarm, attacking every point of my being until I am no longer standing.

We ended up against the wall, Kilgrave clutching around my throat, choking me tightly, anger and pain in his eyes. I groaned, choking to death, and I ended up feeling flail, and before I could close my eyes, Kilgrave let me go, and I fell against his chest, blacking out.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I opened my eyes, seeing that I was in a hospital bed, with an IV attached my arm and bandage wrapping all around my wrists. A bouquet of purple violets was next to me, and I hissed at the pain.

"Beautiful, aren't they? Reminds me of you." Kilgrave's voice said, and I turned, seeing him on the chair next to me.

I growled. "Pick a fucking side, do you want me alive or dead?" I snapped.

Kikgrave shrugged and looked around. "Well who knows? Torturing you alive is so much better."

I scoffed, looking away from him. "You're an asshole."

Kilgrave smirked standing up and making his way towards me. He leaned down, giving me a kiss on the forehead before walking out. "I know, sweetheart." he replied.

Somehow it made my heart skip a beat.