Twelve

I leaned back in my chair at my desk in my quarters, typing along the keyboard about nothing in particular, just writing down what I feel for Coulson. Somehow today I felt my body pulse with my powers, feeling every object in the room present with me. It had started ever since I left my old apartment last night, after what happened with Kilgrave. It made me mad and hostile. I was going to press send before I felt something hit my face. I frowned and looked up, the something being a ball and I was levitating it, having it diminish in my powers.

Daisy was there looking at me with shock. "Your eyes are glowing silver and your veins are silver..." she observed before shaking her head. "Coulson wants to speak with you."

I only sighed before shutting down my computer with my powers and followed Daisy down the hallway.

Odd timing.

I made my way into the main conference room where Coulson was sitting at the end of the table and Quinn was next to him. They both looked up at me.

"Lilith, thank you for joining." Coulson replied. "Please sit down."

I nodded, sitting down at the other end of the table.

"You didn't tell us that you had some family still alive." Coulson said crossing his arms.

I furrowed my eyebrows. I was pretty sure Kilgrave has targeted everyone I had left. But I'm not too certain.

"Who?" I asked.

"Your cousin, Jean Grey." Coulson replied. "Also known as the Dark Phoenix."

I widened my eyes. The same sounded familiar. But then it hit me. I remember when we were eight years old, and I was at my Uncle John's house, and me and Jean were playing dolls. I loved going there as a kid. I'm just in shock that she is a mutant too.

"I do remember her, but I don't think she remembers me." I replied. "Why are you mentioning this now?"

"Your powers seem to be getting stronger by the day, and we think that spending time with someone who had the same situation help you with Kilgrave's defeat." Coulson replied. "Which she also happens to be your cousin."

I crossed my arms, leaning back. All of the objects in this big room were making their presence known right now, and it's causing me pain not to levitate them all and crush them to pieces.

"It will be good for you, Lilith." Quinn assured with a soft smile.

I glanced over at him before nodding. "Fine, but I promise you it will not be good at the start."

"We can only hope." Coulson said.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The car pulled up to a isolated farm many miles away from New York. It took about a couple of hours to get there and the drive was draining. Me and Quinn got out of the car and felt the heat of the wind hit my face. I remember this farm, it belonged to Uncle John, and where I hung out with Jean and her older sister Sara when my parents were on a business trip. I miss life when it was that innocent.

I made my way up to the farmhouse slowly, knocking on the door. I stepped back, feeling a bit more nervous than I should be.

I heard footsteps come from inside, and them the door opened, revealing my cousin. Her long red hair was tied back and her scarlet eyes looked at me in curiosity. I could see her powers starting to flame up.

"Who are you? Why are you here?" She demanded, walking towards me.

"Jean, it's me. Your cousin Lilith." I replied looking at her with a hint of pleading.

Jean raised her eyebrows. "Lilith?"

I nodded. "Yes, remember?"

Jean only looked at me with curiosity until relief came upon her face. "I remember now." she stated. She glanced upon my husband before looking back at me. "What is going on?"

I sighed heavily before crossing my arms, feeling the door handle's presence ready for it to break. "It's a long story." I explained. "I need your help."

Jean looked around hesistantly before back at me. "Come in, and tell me everything."