Eighteen

Jessica's POV:

I threw my duffel bag on the table, grabbing everything I needed for tonight. I took my gun, my phone, some files, and a projector. I took a swig of my whiskey before I zipped up the bag. I pulled it around my shoulder, turning to see Trish, one of my closest friends. She was there for me when Kil-shit was bothering my ass, and I am very thankful. As soon as Trish heard about Lilith, she wanted to help her too, and I was glad.

Lilith needs all the help she could get. With her new levitation and psychokinesis powers or not, Kilgrave has been bothering her and torturing her for years, and this time will be the last. I give kudos to Lilith though, for becoming the strong woman she is, and defying him as much as possible. No one should have to deal with a plague like him.

"Is everything all according to plan?" Trish asked, looking up at me with attentiveness.

"Yes, according to the email Lilith has sent everything is all going smoothly." I replied, checking my watch and making sure we are on time.

"Well I wish you luck, get rid of that scum once and for all." Trish said, giving me a half-hug.

"Oh trust me, he will be dealt with." I replied, taking a last swig before making my wat out the door and in the car.

I turned the key and slammed my foot on the gas, making my way down to SHIELD first. I was also in part of making the beta device to stop Kikgrave from controlling people, and they had just released the final product of the neck band. I just hope to fucking god it works.

According to the plan as of right now, I am needed to pick up Quinn and the device first, and then we head to where Kilgrave and Lilith are, with Lilith leading him outside as a distraction, and me and Quinn pull up behind him and put the device on, making everyone immune, so we can rid of his ass.

I pulled up my car to SHIELD's headquarters, seeing Quinn walk out with the case that held the device, getting in the passenger's seat.

"Hello, Jessica." Quinn said with a small smile, putting on his seatbelt. His dark hair was in a mess and you could clearly tell he had no sleep, and his stubble was extremely noticeable.

"Hey, how are you holding up?" I asked, knowing the answer already.

Quinn only shrugged as we pulled away from SHIELD, heading to Kilgrave's doom house. "Oh you know, with being constantly worried for my wife and dealing with a mind controlling weirdo it's kinda rough out there." he said with a short chuckle.

I nodded gently, a sigh leaving my lips. Not only obviously feeling bad for Lilith, I also felt bad for Quinn. He seemed like such a nice guy, perfect for Lilith in all shape and forms. I attended their wedding and they looked so happy together. I hope their happiness continues. "It's going to be over soon, I promise." I said, turning towards him.

"We can only hope." Quinn said as he looked down at the case, tapping on it in nervousness.

I turned the corner to where the house was, and I saw one of Kilgrave's minions, Hank stand in front of the doorway. I groaned. "Well fuck I think he knows whats going on."

"Well we can park on the side and make our way to the backyard." Quinn said narrowing his eyes at Hank.

"Good thinking." I replied, backing up the car so we could do just that.