Thirteen

We were in the barn that was next to the farmhouse, Jean sitting on the desk, Quinn in the corner and I was against a piece of metal.

"So you want me to help you contain and control your powers to defeat a mind controlling guy with a fetish for purple?" Jean summarized, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Basically, yeah." I replied looking down. "You are the only family I have left, and I want to be able to use these psychokinesis powers when I want and to use them against Kilgrave."

Jean listened intently before standing up, making her way towards me. "Alright then." Her eyes suddenly glowed and her powers were showing full force. "Let's get started."

She made an attack towards me, and I lifted up my hands and levitated the objects surrounding me, causing them to come together in the form of a shield. It wasn't enough to block Jean's powers before they flew right to me, causing me to be thrown against the wall of the barn.

I huffed as I stood up from the floor, glancing at Quinn as he looked at me with concern, before I gave him a thumbs up letting know I was okay.

"You need to keep your focus and not get as distracted. Let's go again." Jean advised.

I stood up and made my way towards her, closing my eyes and focusing on every object around me. Of course, it's what Coulson has advised and what others have told me. I need to let this pain go and focus on the task at hand.

As my cousin made another blast towards my way, I thought about the objects and my power, and how I am so much stronger than I was before. I wasn't the scared girl running down the street years ago. I wasn't someone that Kilgrave was set as an advantage. Kilgrave- how is he still alive and out there? How is the man who destroyed my life still breathing?

I felt the shield I just created break again, an I got flung against the window, causing it to shatter. I landed on the ground and groaned. I lost focus again.

I punched the ground, angry with myself. I need to stop thinking about Kilgrave. I need to let to him go mentally if I need to beat him. I glanced up and was met with Jean holding her hand out helping me up.

"I'm sorry." I apologized. "I lost focus again."

"That's fine." My cousin acknowledged. "You need to get whoever is in your head out."

I nodded and wiped the hay off my jeans.

"Third time?" Jean asked.

I nodded before making my way to my place again.

I closed my eyes, going back in my zone.

Let him go.

Kikgrave's face flashed in my mind. Looking cunning as ever. He knew what he was doing to me all these years. He knew it wasn't love.

Let him go.

He tortured me beyond compare, killing my family, my friends.... He needed to be done for.

Let him go.

I didn't love him and I will never. Kilgrave deserves to go into jail or die under my hands.

Let him go.

I am Lilith Adaline Grey-Rhodes, and I will never let a mind controlling freak destroy me once more. Kilgrave will never be able to reach me again, and he will not be able to touch me ever again. I am done with him and his misery.

LET HIM GO!

I opened my eyes and saw a huge shield made up of items from the barn, all stuck together and glowing grey like the moon. The objects were glowing and making a low hum sound. I could feel Jean's blast against my shield, and I blinked letting the blast disinter-ate into the objects.

I cried tears of delight at what I am doing now. It feels so surreal, and it always felt surreal. I sighed before making the objects move to form a staff that has a glowing grey top.

Jean was looking at me in awe and she smiled. "Well look who has control now."

Quinn clapped with excitement before running towards me and giving me a hug. I hugged back, looking at myself through a piece of glass. My eyes were glowing like the moon and I smiled, happy to finally have control.