𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐩𝐩

𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞. 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐞.
~𝐆𝐚𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐥𝐚 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐝~

          𝐋𝐢𝐚

Carrie sat at the corner of the room, her hair tightly done exactly the same way it had been when we first met. She wore a jungle green mini dress that was a cross between casual and official, and a slight touch of lip gloss shone on her lips. From the angle of the entrance door, she looked sad, yet gorgeous.

Elbowing Sienna, I gently pushed her toward where Carrie sat.

"You must be Carrie," I heard Sienna say when one of the servers waylaid me with a request to take our order. I shook my head, then told her we would call when ready.

"I'm Sienna," Carrie's head shot up, looking at Sienna in surprise.

She cleared her throat and, with a hand stretched out to sienna, "you look a bit..." she paused, her face turning crimson with embarrassment.

"I think the political way to say it is I'm toner than the other family members."

Carrie flushed again, "I'm sorry, that's not what I mean... I meant you..." she paused again, looking desperate and uncomfortable.

"It's okay. I'm beautiful anyway." Sienna said calmly, flipping her hand, a smile stretching her round pink-painted lips.

"Now, since we are more than acquainted, given that you have commented on my complexion,"

"Sienna!" I called warningly.

"What?" she mumbled, looking innocently at me as if I was overreacting. "I'm about to offer some unsolicited advice."

"I know! Don't!" I growled, pulling a chair beside her.

"But you know I love giving unsolicited advice," she whined, pouting, her eyes almost turning golden from the sun's reflection, a touch of a grin making her face glow in amusement and mischief.

"Yeah, well, it's rude," I told her, touching my earlobe, not from unease, though I could feel awkwardness begin to slip into me slowly and in small doses, but because I felt Luc enter the room. I could feel him, God helps me because I smelled him too.

We all turned toward the entrance almost at the same time, Sienna groaned, palming her face feigning embarrassment when Nick jumped on Luc's back, his arms wrapped around Luca's neck.

People turned to look at them, Alessa slapped Nick's shoulder when he pulled down her ponytail. This family was chaos, to say the least. I thought, watching as Serena burst out in laughter from something Nick said, her face falling on Zion's shoulder, wrapping both her arms around one of his, her eyes closed, yet still, she walked, anchored by Zion, like her body knew how to follow him.

"I know Luca, who are the others?" I heard Carrie ask, I didn't answer, I knew Sienna would, my eyes and all my senses were otherwise engaged in watching him— Luca, his body straight, Nick's weight did not seem to strain him one bit, but it was the way he quickly shifted his head, that little deep laugh when Nick playfully blew in his ear.

Nick jumped off Luca's back when they reached where we sat before Sienna could tell her who they were. Nick openly stared at Carrie until she shyly averted her eyes.

"You must Carrie," She blushed. I don't know whether I could blame her, Nick could charm the pants off any woman. He had an innocent naughty smile rolled into one really striking grin, eyes that seem like they could look through your soul and read all your secrets, his lengthy, curly hair brushing the collar of his shirt.