𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲- 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞- 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐭

𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐚𝐫.                                      ~𝐆𝐞𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐧𝐚~

𝐋𝐢𝐚

"Everybody get in the car. Now." The voices were filled with panic, and dread as we all scrambled to get into our respective cars, the sound of cocking guns felt as loud as the beating of my heart.

"Oh, my God! You're bleeding!" I whispered. You're bleeding!" I said again, this time yelling, forgetting my gun and looking at Luc's forearm. But even while he was shot, his right hand was at the steering wheel reversing our car.

"No time to worry about that right now, sit down, and belt up!" it was the first time I ever heard Luc sound like that —a mixture of terror, anger, vindictiveness—his usually handsome face marred with a look as vicious as what I imagined the devil might wear on every occasion.

There is something to be said about abrupt change in someone, not just normal change, but that which comes with a shift change of personality. It makes you uncertain. That is how I felt about Luc. He was different, the hard set of his jaw was evidence enough that he will never be the same again and I was afraid of not knowing how to handle it.

But then again, I was Lia Boselli. I wasn't brought up to sit in a corner and let a man protect me. I could protect myself, and so I did what I thought was right instead of doing what Luc had commanded. I was still belted up, but my mind was on a marathon as we sped off towards Tripple B offices.

"Max, I need you to tear up your shirt so I can tie up Luc's arm. Matteo, change seats with me." I said quickly, looking at Max who was staring at me like a deer in headlights. Scared to even speak. His were eyes filled with utter panic, if I wasn't scared for Luc, I would have felt at least sorry for him. I didn't have the time for such sentiments so I repeated the request, this time it was more of a command, but it was lost in Luc and Matteo's decisive tone

"No. You seat where you are." They said at the same time.

"Max, do it or I will do it for you." Max did not blink, but a solitary tear slipped down his left eye. He did not move either, I watched him sitting still, unmoving, frightened with shaky hands as he tried to reach his shirt but his hands dropped like he had no strength.

"It's fine Lia. We are almost there." Matteo told me. I swiftly turned my head to take a look at Luc's arm, his blood dripping down the armrest, his shirt crimson red and my heart ached.

Luckily, we arrived at the company's gate and the security flagged the procession of our cars, all of us driving into the underground parking.

Luc let out a sigh of relief, leaning his head on the headrest. I didn't waste any time, I jumped out of the car, running to the driver's side, and impatiently knocking on the window to prompt him to open the door.

He slid it down the window instead of opening the door, our eyes locking. I could see the pain he couldn't hide from me. I reached my hand inside to open the door myself, took his unhurt hand and pulled him out of the car.

"Are you okay?" Everybody asked as they surrounded us.

"He is not," I mumbled, pulling him towards the stairs that would lead us to the rooftop.

"He must be in pain," I said, throwing a glance at the bleeding hand. We need to tie it up." Matteo nodded, taking the lead for us to follow. We flew home. It was imperative that we get out of open areas, of rather easily accessible location and our home in Italy was as secure as our main.