𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨- 𝐀𝐛𝐮 𝐃𝐡𝐚𝐛𝐢 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐌𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫

Just when you thought he couldn't possibly make a comeback since the accident at the Italian Grand Prix, Luca Bianchi does it again. He finished first on Sunday slightly before the Brazilian Gabriel Silva pulling beside him ahead of Derrick Schneider, winning his fourth world's driver's tittle.

Bianchi 40th Pole was possibly his most effortless victory this season as he comfortably eased away to the finish line at Silva's speedy pursue.

The race was dominated by the three men aggressively competing for the title.

𝐋𝐮𝐜

"Jesus, what the hell was that?" Matteo pushes into my room brandishing his gun. I'm seating on my bed gun in hand, my face turned up looking at his confused countenance.

He hasn't seen the man lying in the pool of blood at my feet until he groans in pain.

Matteo swivels his head to look, his eyes widening in shock as he returns his gaze to me.

"Who the fuck is this?"

"How the fuck should I know?" I retort, both of us turning almost at the same time to look at the man. He whimpers, groans again, a bullet thrusted slightly beneath the right rib. His blood-soaking the grey fluffy carpet that my feet are softly buried, his body convulsing and I know he is fighting between life and death, sooner rather than later, he would painfully slip into eternal sleep.

"Where did he come from?" Matteo asks. He is now crouched down beside the dying man, his brows puzzled as pushed him by the shoulder so he could lie on his back.

"The closet," I respond, looking at the man to try to figure out whether I have ever seen him, which is what I imagine Matteo is doing.

"You knew he was there." it was more a statement than a question.

I nodded, "I could smell him. Sweat mingled with whiskey and fear.

Matteo smiles, but there is an earnest look in his eyes, "you know this is an inside job, don't you?"

I knew that. This wasn't a hotel, it was a house chosen specifically for it's strategically built entrance and exits. I never stay in hotels for security reasons, it's a old story that the press as well as the Mercedes team tries to unravel albeit for different reasons.

It's a well guarded house, I'm guarded closely and fiercely and so are the others. To find a man in this house at the same time I'm to check in was not a coincidence. It was planned. orchestrated.

"I don't think he will make it.

I shrug.

"Kill him and take him out of his misery.

"No. Let him did on his own time," I say. Unmoved.

Matteo looks at me with a baffled mien. As if he had never seen me before. I've shocked him, but I don't care, the man can will himself to die quickly or lie in pain until death comes for him, I wouldn't be aiding him.

"You're joking, right?" just then we hear the vroom of cars driving into the compound. I jump off the bed to watch from the window as the cars pull beside each other.

My family is here. I thought, wishing the parents aren't among them. I was expecting Lia, Zion and Serena first, but as they poured out of the cars I saw Sienna, Alessa, and Nic too.

"Thank God, they not here yet." I whisper still looking at them, but my eyes are zeroed on Lia, drinking her up like I'm parched. We haven't seen each other for three months due to our busy schedules. Three months since we told the family of our relationship.