𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 -𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧- 𝐋𝐢𝐚 𝐆𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞.

𝐋𝐢𝐚

I was feeling better the day after I found out how popular I had become with the release of the trailer of Children of Blood and Oil. I was exceptionally excited to start messing with Max, my stomach actually fluttered at the idea. I was disappointed when Luc called to say he wouldn't make it because he had a photo shoot with Gucci especially knowing he would be with Serena. I wanted to be with them too, but I put my disappointment aside knowing he would only be delayed by one day. I would see him tomorrow anyway. I didn't have much to do so when Max called to apologize and invite me for a drink that evening, I accepted. I figured it would help to keep me occupied, and assess his head space from our last conversation.

They say hindsight is twenty-twenty, my father says the first impression of a bad person is the personality you should use to judge them. Well, I miscalculated.

********************************
𝐌𝐚𝐱
*********************************

She came. Her bodyguard walking beside her in black cargo pants, a black t-shirt, a black jacket and black sneakers. All in black.

Did he think he was going to a funeral? I thought, fighting the urge to sneer.

When I called Lia this afternoon inviting her for a drink as friends in the evening, I was sceptical she would agree.

But she did.

We were sitted side by side, making sure I was a little far from touching her, respectively interacting with her without making innuendos of any kind. I wanted her trust, and it worked because I had managed to somehow persuade her into taking a sip of my drink. I didn't take much, just a tiny sip to convince her it was harmless, while she took a mouthful of the beer after the first sip.

"I have a brother who prefers beer to any other alcoholic drink.

"Yeah," I prompted, watching her closely while feigning interest in whatever she was saying. I was fuming, anger surrounded me like a thick blanket the more her dark eyes sparked when she spoke of the family. I hated that I called her. ThatI swallowed my pride to initiate this date after she turned me down the first time.

I was going to make her regret it.

"Her bodyguard returned into a seat beside Lia, part of his arm touching her shoulder. She didn't seem to mind, they had a different relationship, I could tell with the way she would turn to whisper something in his ear. Not sexual, but close nonetheless.

"Why don't you tell your watchdog to leave you alone for a fucking second?"

Lia turns to face me, her delicate brow lift, amusement in her gaze, "I have a watchdog?" I feel like she is laughing at me. I detest feeling as if someone is mocking me, like I was some sort of entertainment for her.

"Him," I nod towards where her bodyguard is seated nursing a glass of a small amount of whiskey.

He narrows his eyes at me, his stare becoming intense with every second it remained on my face that it starts to make me uncomfortable. Lia, damn her, doesn't say a word until I break the stare by clearing my throat and pretending to take another sip of my beer.

"Oh, him?" she point at the man, grinning at him first and then at me.

"He wouldn't leave even if I told him to." she respond. I'm not sure whether she sounded relieved or regretful.

"Why the hell not?"

She let's out a beautiful small laugh, then shakes her head.

"I'm not his boss." She mumbles. I mutter a curse, glaring at her, confused at her reply.