𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞- 𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥

𝖦𝗋𝗂𝖾𝖿 𝖼𝖺𝗇'𝗍 𝖻𝖾 𝗌𝗁𝖺𝗋𝖾𝖽. 𝖤𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝖼𝖺𝗋𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗌 𝗂𝗍 𝖺𝗅𝗈𝗇𝖾; 𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗈𝗐𝗇 𝖻𝗎𝗋𝖽𝖾𝗇 𝗂𝗇 𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗈𝗐𝗇 𝗐𝖺𝗒.
~𝖠𝗇𝗇𝖾 𝖬𝗈𝗋𝗋𝗈𝗐 𝖫𝗂𝗇𝖽𝖻𝖾𝗋𝗀𝗁~

𝐋𝐢𝐚

The day after my first episode of Children of blood and oil aired, my father called me. I was to go home; all of us were needed. He said it was an emergency.

"Is everything okay?" I asked in a frightened voice. I couldn't bear it if any of the people I loved were anything but okay.

"Don't worry; everyone is alright." I exhaled softly with relief. I knew my father wouldn't lie to me, he might not tell me the entire truth, but he wouldn't tell me everyone was okay if any of them wasn't.

"I'm glad," I told him.

"We saw you on tv yesterday," I smiled, running my fingers through my hair, "you were spectacular," I flushed under his compliment even though he couldn't see me.

Luc had called to congratulate me earlier this morning, and so had my mom and everyone; Sienna was so excited she was designing my website. I was so proud that I had not stopped feeling giddy until this phone call.

"Congratulations, sweetheart. See you later today." He said before disconnecting.

Putting my phone on the bedside table, I hurriedly left, running downstairs to talk to Dev about the phone call. I found him in the kitchen eating a streak and roasted potatoes. He lifted his head when he heard me, setting the fork and knife down.

"Dad called," I told him without preamble. He nodded.

"Do you know what it's about?"

He shook his head.

"Would you tell me if you knew?"

He shook his head again.

"Why not?"

He shook his shoulders nonchalantly, which irritated me.

"Because the boss didn't tell you. That means he saw it fit not to. Why, then, should I tell you?"

"But I wouldn't tell him?"

He shot me an annoyed look, but he didn't say anything else. I guess he thought he didn't have to waste his words with a reply.

"Fine! " I said, sitting beside him. "Don't you ever feel too full when you eat a full meal in the morning?" I asked to change the subject and pacify him because I had somehow offended him with that last question.

"It's healthy to eat a full meal at breakfast," he stated, returning to eating.

"But a steak?"

He shrugged, and we sat side by side without much talk, only the sound of his cutlery.

"When do we leave?"

"Around 4 pm. You won't return here after your appointment.

I nodded. I had a shoot in an hour and a doctor's appointment. It had been a month since I got my contraceptive shot, and I needed to see the gyna again, but that was at 2:30 pm.

I got up from my seat and headed back to the bedroom. I packed a few of my skincare products, a book I was reading, and magnesium supplements I had been taking.

Even though my father had said everyone was okay, I had detected sadness in his voice. Whatever it was, it had made him sad.

Picking up my small bag, I pulled out a pair of sunglasses from the dresser and a watch and left, closing the door behind me.