𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 -𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 - 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐚 𝐢𝐧 𝐕𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐚𝐢𝐫

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐢𝐧, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐚 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐢𝐧, 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐢𝐧, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐢𝐧.
                         ~𝐙𝐢𝐠 𝐙𝐢𝐠𝐥𝐚𝐫~

                             𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐚

"Oh, my God! It's out. Luca's interview with VF." Alessa runs into the kitchen waving her phone, a cheerful smile lighting up her whole face.

"And the cover is spectacular. Listen to this," she adds—

"No, no, no." Sienna stops her in a loud voice that has all of us turn to look at her. "I want to read it myself, no spoilers."

Alessa rolls her eyes.

"It's not a novel or a show, Sienna. It's just an interview."

"I know that. And I still stand by my argument. I want to read it myself after breakfast."

Alessa throws her hands up, her shoulders dropping with disappointment as she sits in the chair she'd vacated to go upstairs when she finished eating her breakfast.

"Oh, you look good in all these photos." Serena chips in." of course she would have gone directly to the photos, she is a fashionista, a good one, so good Gucci has begun to see what an asset she is.

I look around to find everyone was scrolling through their phone, reading the interview even my mom—a tiny smile on her face. Sienna didn't even finish her breakfast as she had said, maybe she was afraid they might discuss the interview after reading before giving her a chance to read.

"Why didn't you say you're dating Lia? " Nicolo asks me, frowning.

"She doesn't want me to say it."

They all look at Lia, and although it rarely happens, she blushes. "I don't want to be popular because I happen to be dating the fastest driver in the world." I like how she says that. I'm not vain by any standards, but when the girl I love calls me the fastest driver in the world, I'm more than flattered. I'm fucking walking on water.

"Until when?" her mother asks. I haven't asked her because I don't want her to think I'm pressuring her into it, but I'm grateful for the question. I don't care much about broadcasting my personal life, but somehow, I want the world to know she is mine. I want to openly date her, dine with her without travelling in different cars out of fear some paparazzi might out us before she is ready.

"Until the release of the next season of Children Of Blood And Oil

I feel myself exhale, breathing in relief at the answer. I thought we would be dating in secret for months if not years, but the release of the show is in a couple of weeks.

"Oh, I can't wait to see you both on the red carpet." aunt Mia, says, no, squeals, bringing her hands on her cheeks as if she is imagining it. I can't wait to hold her hand in public is my only thought.

I'm delighted as aunt Mia is, but I don't show it, I don't want to, not in front of them even though they are my family. I want to show Lia, in private how grateful and impatient I am.

When the patriarchs leave for office, Sienna pulls Lia with her toward the gazebo. She is designing her Wikipedia page.

"We can't allow people to edit it," I catch her saying minutes before she sits down with Lia sitting beside her. I drop down opposite them wishing I had carried a bottle of water. It's about ten in the morning as I watch unabashedly as Lia's red hair glimmers ruby in the sunlight.