16 : Bleeding Gold

The beast looked down upon its prey with a quivering and terrific wrath. Its optic glowed a brilliant and wild purple that pierced through anyone who dared to see it, paralyzing them in place with its cold inhumanity.

Gregory's eyes widened a fraction, they flickered with an emotion similar to recognition. He spat at the robot, shoes pushing against its white, plated chest that pumped rapidly like a heartbeat underneath the sole of his foot.

His wound viciously dripped a crimson substance through the robot's jagged, ivory fingers digging deep into it and stained through his blue shirt like red paint on paper. His eyes saw fire as the wound fizzed and bubbled.

The moon jester displaced one of it's long hands and gripped the wire jutting
out of its back that trailed on the floor. It lifted it up in the air above the boy threateningly. The black cord still hissed with electricity. Gregory's eyes trailed the sharp jagged tip on the end, shining in the beast's singular violet eye, for he never noticed the vulnerable, metallic wiring on the inside was twisted into what looked like an awful blade.

The boy began to struggle more frantically. His hands attempted to shove at the robot, but Moon just chuckled statically at him, mocking him. The boy's fingers looped around the empty and dripping eye socket, feeling damaged and buzzing wires between his fingers that stained his hand black with oil. He yanked at the animatronic, making it harshly snap its neck to the side, but once more, it continued to smile sharply down at him.

"You seem to adore that little thing," calmy murmured the robot as it lifted the jagged cord higher with shaking metallic fingers, its glowing eye, despite the neutral tone of its voice, burned into Gregory's. "Why is that?"

Gregory did not respond, he just smiled tremblingly at the robot, for its hand was still gripping him roughly beneath his skin, his chest pounded, the flaring pain screamed. He would've cried if he was different. The boy tightened his grip in the robot's eye smugly, and with a loud snap, he felt the satisfying rip of wires that buzzed weakly.

The robot sat still for a few moments, staring at the boy with a dead-eyed look, before removing its hand from Gregory's wound and suddenly stabbing the jagged wire through Gregory's shoulder in a quick and precise motion. Gregory cried out at the searing electrical shock that traveled through his body, making him quiver beneath the Moon animatronics legs, his eyes shut tightly together as he gritted his teeth. His blood splattered onto the robot's face in bright red droplets.

The robot chuckled as it twisted the wire painfully and deeper into the gash on Gregory's shoulder. The boy's hands gripped the cord tightly, one of his eyes opened, shining wrathfully at the jester who giggled cruelly at his defiance.

"Fine then, if you choose to be mute then I will be rid of you, once and for all!" The animatronic harshly unsheathed the jagged wire from Gregory's shoulder, blood spilled stickily onto the padded floor, making the once colorful and innocent daycare look like a crime scene.

A sizzling sound was heard from the bleeding gash. It was quieting down like water spilled on fire, the last few crackles of life. Gregory realized, in a cold shock, that he was going to die, something which... he didn't know how it felt like, or essentially, what it would mean for him.

The robot cocked its head mockingly at the fearful look pooling in Gregory's dilating eyes. The look of a wounded animal, an animal who doesn't know what to do whence cornered.

How pathetic, even the most exquisite of all the man-made creations falls into a paralyzed and animalistic state. But not Moon. Moon is better, Moon is the best. Moon will not die— he will not die. He is in control now.

The animatronic lifted the wire higher and higher, its metallic tip cruelly glinting in the light of fierce violet optics. Blood for blood. An eye for an eye. But for Moon, an eye for a life. His cold fingers trembled in despair, and his vents roared with excitement. It will only ever be him!

"You and the little girl will die here," Moon whispered shakily, his grip tightened around the cord. It cracked beneath the excruciating pressure. "How does that make you feel?"

Gregory weakley pushed at the animatronics chest. His shoulder wept crimson, his veins crackled hotly. Golden eyes watched in sudden and powerless terror, in wrathful anger, and in dark possession. He trembled, his mouth twitched in agitation.

"Or can you not feel anything?" The robot cackled at the boy. His single purple optic flashed like lightning. "If that's the case, then this won't hurt at all!"

The makeshift weapon shot down in a great blur of shiny metal, Moon's eye was a glowing beacon in the darkness, Gregory's heart seized up like a cage, but with a sharp click, overbearing brightness flooded the area, and it all seemed to happen by the millisecond.

Moon became stiff like a smiling statue imprisoned by Medusa's curse, the jagged blade centimeters away from piercing Gregory's chest. The boy stopped breathing, paralyzed in place. His eyes were wide as saucers.

With a deafening crack, the animatronic crumbled off of Gregory like a stack of cards, unable to hold its weight. It died out soundlessly, without a wail, shout, or a final laugh. But if you listened very closely, you could still hear a slow thumping sound in its ivory chest, uncannily like a dying heartbeat.

Gregory learned to breathe again in large gulps of air. He attempted to slowly pull himself up, but he tumbled back to the padded floor. He blinked hazily, he noticed how much fluid he was losing, it slipped stickily between his fingers, his shirt was tainted an awful red, his heart still hammering in his chest. He let out a soft rasping sound, akin to a defeated chuckle. Or it could have been the shaking relief flooding all his systems, making him wheeze out his adrenaline in puffs.

She did it, she really did it. She found the last generator. She never seemed to fail to impress him. He closed his golden eyes with a trembling smile. He just needs to rest for a moment, just a couple moments of unstable peace. He wonders what it would be like if he could dream, and if he could, would he dream about her?

Christmas came, and I was like: yeah I'm gonna write! I have all the time in the world.

Then Christmas left, and I was like: what am I doing and who am I?

Btw Merry late Christmas Yeahhh!

THIS IS MY FIRST FANART GRRR

This is user @ QueenPatty aka Queen Icon on Quotev

This is user @ QueenPatty aka Queen Icon on Quotev. AWESOME ART AND VERY FRIENDLYYYY

this is EXACTLY how I would imagine Gregory, with that cold golden eye 😌😌 HE ALSO HAS THE SHOULDER WOUND FROM LAST CHAPTER AHHH

My crappy phone pic quality DOES NOT DO IT JUSTICE, I bet it LOOKS AWESOME IRL!

I forgor to ask for their Wattpad user so I might update this again and put that down if they have one too! Thank you so much Queen!