27 : Dolls

She was with her many dolls and plushies. It was the ideal tea party setting, using a large glass table and many sets of cups and pairs of silverware. There was a large kettle full of sweet tea, her favorite aroma was wafting sweetly in the air. A large cake with fluffy frosting was set down on the glass table by a ginormous teddy bear with orange fur.

The dolls and plushies chatted amongst themselves in their lavish dresses and suits. The little girl was in a sweet summer dress made out of smooth silks. She laughed playfully, in her own little world. She took a small sip of her tea, still giggling to herself. The doll across from her was stirring his beverage.

"So, how are you fairing, my lady?" The doll chuckled to himself, his striking golden eyes transfixed on her. The little girl giggled at his posh tone.

"I'm doing great!" She said with a wide smile. The plushies around her exclaimed their gratitude at her answer. Though, her previously cheery face melted into a soft frown. "I'm still waiting for my parents, though... I wonder when they'll come back?"

The doll across from her burst out laughing. Like he found her sadness funny. The girls frown deepened at his mocking cackles, he was being mean again. The other plushies and dolls stared at him in disapproval, but they said nothing to deter him.

"What are you rambling about, silly?" The doll's condescending tone made the girls eyebrows crease. Why is he making fun of her? She just wanted to see her parents again. "Your parents aren't coming back!"

"Y-You're wrong!" Was her weak rebuttal. Her eyes began to water.

"Oh?~ Am I really, though?" The doll's golden eyes were sharp, piercing through her chest.

She gritted her teeth at him, stood up from her fairy-themed chair, and slammed her hands on the glass table. The cups and silverware rattled over her outburst, all the dolls and plushies stared at her with their lifeless eyes. The doll calmly took a sip out of his tea with a mocking smile.

"They'll come back! I'm their daughter!" She yelled at him, his serene behavior was making her even more angry. How could he just act so causally after saying such cruel things?!

"Then why did they abandoned you?" She clamped her mouth shut at his calm reply. He continued to drink his warm beverage like he didn't just say those awful words. She felt a bitter taste in her mouth, salty tears dribbled down her cheeks. The doll sighed at seeing her cry.

"Look," he stood up from his seat, his icy tone left no room for argument. Circling around the table in patient strides, he grabbed at her wrist with his cold, jointed hands. Mainly because she didn't stop rubbing away at her tears that continued to fall. Soft sobs escaped her throat. All the other plushies sat dead still, staring at her with golden eyes. "I'm still here for you, aren't I? Look at me."

"No!" She shoved him away by the chest, making his waist hit the table. His doll-like eyes flashed with shock. She continued to cry, but she glared at him with anger through her tears. "You're just a doll, what would you understand?!"

She rubbed at her watery eyes. "I just want to see my parents!"

The other plushies and dolls began to glare at her and yell insults at her and her parents. The golden-eyed doll wiped his suit mockingly, shooting her an icy look, his irritation seeped out.

"Just a doll, huh?" He hissed out at her. He started to chuckle wickedly. He shifted his manic gaze to all the other golden eyed creatures at the table. "Did you hear what she said? We're all just children's toys to her!"

The girl felt guilt seep into her heart. She didn't mean to hurt him. She didn't mean to do it. She cared about them, but he was saying mean things that were untrue. He's wrong! Her parents were coming back! Suddenly, the doll shoved a pointed finger to her chest, a sharp smile pulled at his face.

"You still believe they love you, huh? It's obvious that they don't want you!" He said mockingly with a laugh. "Don't come crying to me when you realize that they don't even care about you!"

He shoved her to the ground. She landed with a yelp into the grass. The scenery around her changed from being bright and vibrant to dark and solemn. The plushies and dolls stood up from their places, all of them glaring at her like she was some sort of bug. They began to approach her menacingly, circling her. The golden-eyed doll watched her with a dark smile and crossed arms.

"Hey!" She called out nervously to them as they closed in on her. She scooted away as fast as she could. They were yelling at her with furious faces, grabbing at her hair and arms. "Hey, wait!"

She began to panic, why is everything going wrong? Why is this even happening? Why did her parents leave her? The dolls and plushies all surrounded her with their jeering voices and their golden eyes. They were all collectively saying terrible things about her parents, and how they didn't love her. She struggled as they began to roughly grab her and hoist her up, the golden eyed doll sneered harshly at her.

He approached her with the burning hot tea kettle, that was letting out a high pitched whistle that rang violently in her ears. She screamed and kicked wildly as he came closer, and closer with the screeching and boiling kettle.

"Maybe this will help you understand that even though I'm a doll, I have control over this situation?.."

"No!"

(Y/n) sat up with a gasp, tears slipped down her cheek. She was trembling like a leaf, her whole body was. She realized she was still in the cursed Pizzaplex, but this time, completely alone. Where did Gregory go? She called out for him, but no one replied. She got on her feet and rubbed at her eyelids. Even though she slept, her limbs felt like lead. She didn't even know how long she slept for.

She shuddered as she remembered her dream, it was more of a crazy nightmare. The tea party, those jeering plushies and dolls, those golden eyes... she never had a nightmare of that intensity before.

She swiped her shirt shakily over her face, her nose still stung but it was no longer bleeding. Dried flakes of blood wipes off, but she was sure there was more blood? Maybe Gregory found a napkin and wiped it off? If so, where did he even go? Did she imagine that he was with her this whole time? What time is it even?

She trudged hesitantly to the atrium, afraid and very confused. The cold, golden eyes of that doll were still fresh in her mind.

Got fanart from @ SpookyFries on Quotev, thanks a lot!

You keep on drawing and growing! 😊😊