24 : Perfection

He was different once upon a time, Moon concluded. It must have been the separate AI systems lodged into him. It must have been the strict security system placed meticulously in the scattered mess that he was on the inside.

But he knew that he wasn't supposed to be like this. To Sun, it was just a glitch, a malfunction that he could avoid, he desperately tried to avoid. To him, a placed virus. Whatever was messing with him had changed him, but he never detested it. He never actively fought it like Sun did. He's never had problems with his security protocol systems before, it was until strange things started to happen to the place when everything started to fall apart. But he guessed that it was always like this, there was always darkness that stayed out of sight. But it slowly grew, day by day. Anger was restless, and not all secrets are worth knowing.

Though he was crumbling away, Sun was still somewhat the same. They were separated beings with different purposes, but who shared the same body. Their AI was not connected, but Moon would sometimes imagine the nagging voice of Sun in his head. When the lights shut off white-gold plating shifts into silver and blue. The happiness, the brightness of innocence turned into a starless night sky of fear and terror. They were scared of him. That was Moon, a lightless creature.

Maybe that's why he tried so desperately to prove it wrong. To show everyone he's just as good as Sun, better, even. But he knew he was the mess that was on the other side of obsessive cleanliness. The other side of the coin. Maybe that was the thing that was common between them, they both tried to cover up destruction behind endless walls of security, the fragile makeup of perfection. It was pathetic. But it was what he needed.

He needed more of it.

He needed to apply it to himself. He needed to pretend that he was functioning. If not, he would be sent to Parts and Service, and the more they chip and dig through his servos the more obsessed he becomes with perfection. Eventually, they would replace him. He could never be replaced. He needed to be a star brighter than the sun. The moon only shines because the sun's lasting rays reflect off of it, he couldn't have that. He could never have that.

Maybe it was his obsession with being more, or he really was the broken, fractured part of the Sun. But what became a cat and mouse chase became a violent grudge, and that grudge turned into cold wrath. Vengeance was what he thirsted for, and oh, it was the sweetest of bloods.

He sometimes finds his fingers scraping around the rim of his empty eye socket. If they found him like this, they would destroy him. There was no replacing his eye, there were no lasting parts for him. He would be the one who would be replaced by some low-price animatronic.

He'll have her shiny, little eyes for what she did to him. She took away a part of him, so he'll take away a part of her. It's only fair, right?

Moon's long fingers clasped around her throat, her shiny eyes were horrified. It wasn't tight enough to break her fragile neck, but it put pressure on her airway. Her breath caught fearfully and raspily in her throat as she was lifted meters off the ground. She was in her hiding place just moments ago, the lid that protected her from view was ripped off and revealed her to the crimson, glowing eye of Moon. She thought he was gone.

Her legs swayed frantically back and forth as she was lifted up to the animatronic's beastly face. His grip on her neck tightened, making her gasp weakly. Her small fingers clawed against his arm, not even scraping him. His smile was wide and furious, like a rabid hyena. His red eye narrowed into hers and she felt like a worm caught in between a bird's talons, being eyed like a particular delicious specimen.

She got a detailed look at the gaping hole that was his right socket. Memories of cracked plastic and furious wails swam in her mind. Oil streaked down his rotating face, making him look demonic and ghostly. His eye was a piercing red moon in an inky black ocean, glowing with fury, desperation, envy, and sadistic amusement.