38 : Where You Go, I Go

The back door was grimy and a shade of unpleasant green. The rain was pouring now, showering the people below without mercy. It made his hair stick uncomfortably to his face and slightly cover his dull, blank eyes. He slowly blinked them as rain began to seep down his face like tears. His excess blood flowed down with it, hurrying down the sewer drain.

He hesitantly pushed open the rusty door that creaked quietly. An empty employee's lounge was behind it, and he hurried in after he saw the coast was clear. This back entrance was much better than the front, he doesn't need anymore attention on him. Now, he just needs to change out of his bloody clothes and find new ones.

He was in some random thrift store full of unnecessary items. Surely they wouldn't notice if some of it went missing, would they? He passed by a lone table and some beat up vending machines before leaving the lounge and entering the store. There were cloth racks and shelves of food items and such that lined the floor. Over near the front entrance, there was a register with a worker sitting behind it on her phone. Quite convenient for him actually, her focus is on her device.

He already took down the security system from the outside, it took a little bit of picking with the wiring. He'll be in and out like a passing shadow. He quickly grabbed some ordinary clothes of human children that looked around his age. In fact, it was so ordinary that he'd look completely like an ordinary child. Not some bloody monster who escaped his prison. He immediately grabbed a pack of bandages and pulled one out.

He peeled off the wrapper of the bandaid and carefully applied it on his cheek from when he got cut from the man in the white coat. He still remembers the terrified look in that man's eyes before he slit his throat, the flashing red alarms, the surprised look on the other scientists' faces, the cries of children, it was ingrained in his memory. How pitiful.

He slowly peeled off his bloody hospital gown. It slipped onto the floor, a heep of blue and red like marble cake, and he glanced at it carelessly. It was like shedding new skin. He doesn't remember how long he was in that dark place, till he was found by strange people. They bound him on metal tables and through machines where they poked and prodded at him. He dryly swallowed the bitter taste of his blood in his mouth. This must've been what freedom tasted like.

He examined his body. There was a criss-crossing pattern of red scars and stitches that marred his chest, arms, and legs. Blood still lazily leaked from the large, open gash on his abdomen. He blinked dizzily at the sight of it. He could slowly feel his energy seep out of him with every drop of blood. He knew he might collapse if he didn't find a solution soon.

He carefully put on his new clothes. It was a simple sweater that was blue with a purple streak down the middle. He slipped up some plain shorts. He sat down on a bench and placed some white socks over his bare feet. Finally, he slipped red sneakers over his ankles.

He stood up and looked at himself in the nearby mirror. He quite frankly looked like he was half dead. He brushed his hair with his fingers, still matted with rain water. He smelled like rain, too with the iron taste of faux blood. He soon realized he didn't like rain that much. It felt like sadness.

He averted his golden eyes from the reflection in the mirror. What a familiar feeling it invoked. He concluded he didn't like his own reflection either, it stared at him too much.

He heard the shuffling of steps before the worker approached with her headphones on and phone in hand. She walked nearby the aisle he was in and took something off of the shelf, it was a bag of chips. She ripped it open and took a bite of a chip, when she finally looked up, she only saw a bloody gown on the floor and an open pack of bandages on the shelf.

How strange.

__________

Freddy stared at the two children with observing yellow eyes from his place at the metal table. He glanced between Gregory and the girl. Of course, the boy was glued to (y/n)'s side like some lovesick puppy, but the girl seemed nervous and hesitant. Whatever was said, it wasn't going to be said again. Freddy does not like feeling left out of the conversation.