29 : Dread

She quickly stuffed the badge into her pocket and shut the security office doors. She couldn't hear Chica anywhere nearby, she assumed the animatronic was on the far side of the building. She quickly made her way through the catwalks as she searched for any indication of an exit.

To the side, near the back of the catwalks, was a green,
metal door. It felt like it was miles away from the little girl. She quickly made her way to the door, but as she was approaching it, the metal catwalks beneath her began to shake and tremble repeatedly.

Thump! Thump! Thump! Thump! Bounced beneath her feet like drums, and the sickly sweet voice of Chica rang in her ears. Her body tensed up like a coil. She didn't dare look back as she darted to that metal door as fast as her aching legs could carry her.

She slammed it shut behind her and didn't even stop to see if that would hinder Chica as she pulled herself through another door that was nearby. The metal, automatic door shut behind her as quick as it opened for her. Resounding SLAMS thumped into her ears just like her racing heart.

She was in a much smaller office than the one before. It was cramped and grimy with a single monitor. On the monitor, there was that white and pink bear again with a silly mustache. He held a platter of pizza and adorned a chef's hat. Order now! It said, and the girl wondered why in the world this was here.

Pounds and slams pressed against one of the metal doors. Chica was trying to come in! The girl looked around frantically for any exit or anything that could be of use. Nothing. She pressed frantically on the monitor and instructions were spoken through a monotonous voice.

Before her, some camera appeared. Then she realized she could move it around. The instructions explained that this was a robot she was controlling. The robot was in some large kitchen, and she was supposed to make... pizza?

Suddenly an idea appeared in her head. It was the only thing that she could think of. Chica was known to love pizza. The girl knew of this before she was here. She followed the instructions and dragged the robot around to make pizza. The sound of Chica pounding the door and the monitor's digital clock ticking made her nervous, but she successfully made pizza.

When the food was done in the oven, the robot took it out. The resounding slams stopped pounding against the battered doors. It was silent for a few moments, but then an awful shuddering sound was heard that sounded like a shaky breath. The girl realized it was Chica making that sound.

"Pizza," it was the sound of pure, trembling pleasure. Of child-like giddiness, of obsession. "Pizza!"

The chicken exclaimed it right outside the door like it was gospel, like she was blessed with heaven and hell. The robot was making a sound similar to heavy breathing as she raced away towards the nearest kitchen. The girl let out a shaky breath of relief as Chica was successfully lured away.

Suddenly, the robot on the monitor turned around to face the chicken, and the little girl watched in horror as Chica pounced on it with crazed eyes and a wide smile. There was an awful crunching sound and then the monitor shut down.

The girl hesitantly exited the office, mortification was written all over her face at what just happened. She entered another large area that was a little ways away. It was a kitchen, in fact, the very kitchen where she made that pizza. It was quiet, save for the distant squeaking of mice and the drone of machinery.

She fearfully made her way past kitchen appliances and counters. She immediately stopped dead in her tracks as she heard a filthy crunching sound. Her eyes trailed to the sound and saw Chica unmistakably devouring and mutilating the robot that made pizza. Chica was ripping out its mechanical parts and insides and stuffing it into her mouth, making sounds of content, not caring what she's eating whether it was the robot or crumbs of the pizza.