45 : Mess

The silence remained tense and suffocating. For a few moments, everyone just stared at each other, hands twitching and teeth grinding against each other, eyes flicking in all directions. But suddenly, Monty the Gator bursted out in laughter, like he was just watching some sort of comedic scene.

"What even is this?!" He roared out in laughter. His rough, robotic hand shoved the girl even closer behind him as he sneered at all the opponents in the room. "All of-  all of this! For a useless, little child!"

The girl felt the tension grow. Freddy was practically growling like a factory generator, the ground vibrated with the overpowering buzz. Sun's swirling rays retracted further into his head as he twitched violently in place. Gregory's eyes curled up, his pupils growing thinner as his golden irises gleamed menacingly in the dim light. And the alligator animatronic was still laughing, almost hysterically.

"Now, what do we have here today, folks!" He chuckled wildly before pointing a sharply clawed finger at Sun. "First, we have the goody-two-shoes daycare attendant. Looks' like he lost a few screws along with an eye!"

Sun cocked his head while his fingers twitched. His milky, white eye started to gleam a menacing crimson. The girl hid behind Monty more, recognizing the sinister presence of Moon as a quiet, glitchy cackle left Sun's voice box. Then, the gator sneered at Freddy. "Next, we have the oh-so-brilliant Freddy Fazbear. Looks like our star escaped house arrest, and jumped in front of a train!"

Freddy glared at Monty with withering, glowing eyes that would disintegrate the confidence of any egoistic challenger idiotic enough to test his patience, but the bassist was unaffected. Finally, Monty's fiery, vermillion optics landed on Gregory.  "And then we have little Timmy over here who decided to escape the orphanage. Hey, I think it's past your bedtime!"

Gregory's arms slowly slid behind his back. His tight-lipped smile grew, the girl felt goosebumps prickle all the way down her spine as the atmosphere became greatly colder. In the darkness, the girl caught something metallic glinting behind the boy, but she couldn't quite see what he was holding. She was certain it was anything but good.

"And you all think you have a chance against me?" His manic chuckling ceased as he stared seriously at them. There was a quiver in his voice, a slight shiver in his octave that was barely noticeable to her, but she heard it. She didn't know what it was, but it wasn't fear. It was more like a macabre... excitement. It writhed beneath his skin like a second being. It was all he really felt. If he takes them all out, he'll be at the top. He'll always be at the top. "Watch out, folks. You might lose a limb or two..."

But his amusement was hollow, his eyes gleamed maliciously. He took a heavy step towards the center, leaving her to gaze at his spiked back as he released her, but the girl could see his eyes were on Gregory. The boy clearly seemed to be the weakest unit amongst the other large animatronics, but as soon as he saw the gator take a step towards him, he immediately pulled his hands from behind his back, and out came an ax. It was an emergency ax used during fires for breaking heavy-duty windows and doors, this one in particular was found hidden in Parts and Service. The boy twisted the ax with precision and pointed the crimson edge of it threateningly at Monty. There was a dangerous shine in Gregory's eyes. The girl didn't realize she was free until her back touched the wall.

"Are you sure you want to take another step, Montgomery?" The boy said slowly, the smile on his face patient and calculative. "...Or are you going to roll your egoistic dice and, as you said yourself, risk it all for a little girl?"

Monty paused, he cocked his head as he glared at the ax firmly held in between the boy's hands. Suddenly, a sharp, jeering smile grew on his face. "You sure have a way with words, kid."