36 : I Crave Them All

The distant sound of water droplets leaking from the ceiling and streaming down in narrow paths through the dump was the only thing that could be heard in the otherwise silent sewer. (Y/n) eventually adapted to the acrid smell of stale water, rotting food, and crushed plastic that permeated through the air. It was freezing, damp, and dark. The last place the little girl wanted to be.

She was trudging through the sewer-like corridor. The ground was slippery, moldy and it stuck to the bottom of her shoes. Her face scrunched up in mortified disgust at the sight of piles of garbage that was scattered everywhere and floated through the still, green water like dead trout.

She pushed through a fence and stepped over trash until she heard a sound. It was the unmistakable sound of something squeakily rolling, and it was coming her way. She saw two pinpricks of light approach her at a rapid pace and she felt a cold chill press up against her spine. Out of the darkness, a bot from nightmares emerged. It had black streaks messily painted on its face and a wide smile full of sharp teeth as its eyes stared blankly ahead.

The girl immediately hid behind a large pile of trash. It silently passed by her hiding place. She watched with fearful eyes as it dutifully observed the area like some patrolling guard. She quickly slid out behind the garbage and made her way to another area, not wanting to get caught by that creepy robot from behind.

She paused in her eager steps as she saw more and more of the weird bots with the crying faces. They pulled themselves around in a pattern they followed meticulously, obsessively. She glued herself to the filthy wall and carefully slipped past them when she had the chance.

But when she was halfway to the grimy metal door at the end of the room, an awful screeching sound met her ears. Loud footsteps stomped on the ground as Chica arrived. The girl felt fear and surprise spike in her. She thought Chica was absolutely immobile after that compactor!?

Chica limped in like a wounded soldier. Her mouth was torn apart to the point (y/n) could see the inside of her jaw, her straight, perfect teeth jutted out of her cheek. She stumbled through the bots as her voice crackled and screeched with every heaving wheeze that seemed to squeeze out of her. There was pink cupcake frosting melding with the stretchy, green goo of Monty's mystery mix on Chica's face.

Chica didn't seem to notice the girl as the animatronic stood blankly in place. One of her arms hung limply to her side and one of her violet optics was crushed and twitching. The girl hesitantly slipped and groped through the thick darkness till she found another door. She slipped as quietly as she could in. Hundreds of bright yet muted colors met her eyes as she stood still in front of the door, blinking in shock.

Paper notes obsessively covered the walls and the floor. Detached, crying bot heads seemed to observe her as their shining lights still glowed. Mangled parts and joints littered the paper-scattered floors of destroyed bots. (Y/n) felt shivers up her spine.

The notes all seemed to be random, and the message they tried to portray was unclear. All of them were scrawled with scribbles, numbers, words, patterns or drawings. Then they seemed to be plastered to the walls, tables, and floors dementedly. It was strange because it looked like all of it was drawn by a kid like her. She admired the art of birthday cakes and smiling kids, but then again, what child lived down here? She couldn't imagine living in a sewer like this below the Pizzaplex.  Whoever occupied this lonely, isolated place was not here for a long, long time. Dust blanketed every surface and permeated itchily in the air.

A sound of something rustling behind her made (y/n) turn around. To her terror, Chica stood motionless behind her. Watching her with blank, violet eyes. The girl didn't even hear the animatronic slip in. The girl froze.