25 : Intensity

The area around them was shrouded in darkness, neon plasters were no longer lit and the few overhead lights that existed were shut off. The girl didn't understand why the lights suddenly all flicked off at once, but what she did understand was that Moon was free to do as he pleases when darkness came.

She sat limply on the floor, her fearful face reflected off the tile. Her eyes nervously flicked from Freddy to Moon. The jester was always cautiously in front of her, twitching sporadically with his innards ticking loudly like a clock, like a heartbeat. He made sure that even if Freddy attempted to get her, the bear would have to get through him first.

Moon always seemed to be smiling sharply and creepily. The girl believed that he was built with a permanent grin. She couldn't imagine a life where she would always be smiling. It would be horrific, you would smile even when sad, and you would smile even when angry. But that was one of the terrible qualities of the celestial animatronic. He would smile while drowning you, poisoning you, stabbing you, hurting you.

Freddy took very limited steps. His furious eyes never left Moon. He was quiet and mostly still. But there was a strange guttural sound that boomed from his chest. It was loud, like a hundred thousand bees buzzing at once. The bear didn't blink once and his fingers were closed into tight, shaky fists.

It was the start of a vicious standoff, waiting for who would make the firet move. Moon chuckled to himself, "Your threats are petty, yet so violent! You really have changed, huh?"

"It is not a matter of whether I changed or not, it is about her." Freddy's voice fizzled through the air. His eyes narrowed upon his adversary. "I am giving you one last warning to step away from her."

"Hah! Are you threatening me now, gummy bear?"

"Do not change the subject."

Moon laughed loudly, mockingly. He pretended to wipe a tear from his eye but he just smudged the oil more. It was like wiping wet mascara. Moon's eye flashed savagely as his laughter quieted, this was ridiculous! Nothing has ever amused him this much. Moon gestured towards his gaping black optic. "Oh, Freddy! Do you wonder why I'm missing this eye?"

Freddy paused in his steps. His ear twitched. He slightly tilted his head at the jester. Yes, he has very much noticed the missing eye and as well the fact Moon had increasingly unstable behavior. Which was strange in itself. Don't get him wrong, Moon was always a skittish animatronic, but not this violent. In the end, Freddy couldn't bring himself to care about what happened to Moon.

"I have told you already, do not change the subject-"

"It was because of this brat!" Moon cut Freddy off with a screech, pointing accusingly at (Y/n) who flinched at the raise in volume. The jester's chest rattled like a drum, her heartbeat was quicker. "She took away the one thing I can't fix, being broken!"

Freddy seemed to be caught off guard, his shoulders stiffened as he tensed up. But other than that, he continued to glare at the giggling robot. Moon's laughter sounded desperate, delusional. "The damage has already been done! Do you think I'm scared of what you have to say?"

Moon took a brave step forward, his sporadic ticking sounded like a heartbeat. Freddy's low growling increased at the closing proximity.

"I'm not gonna stop until she's dead under my feet, Freddy," Moon spat. His fingers twitching as he boldly approached, his golden bells chimed softly, but it seemed to be a pounding echo in the girl'smind. The bear's optics flashed warningly as his fist tightened at Moon's approach "And I'm going to make you watch!-"

CRACK!

Freddy rushed forward and delivered a pounding blow to Moon's thin face. The jester didn't realize how he was too close to the imposing animatronic. Even though Moon was towering in height, he wasn't as tall or broad as Freddy. The jester was thrown back as he was caught off guard by the burst of violence. He skidded noisily across the floor, a sound of surprise screeched out of his voice box. Freddy immediately rushed to (y/n)'s side, words of comfort spilled out of his mouth like poetry lines.