Haunted Hotel

Request: ButterflyingYzzl , Callmepinky1 , Kira_follow

A/N: Sorry for any slow updates! I'm in the process of moving so yeah. Updates will be inconsistent. And I will try to update whilst in the car.

<< Angst, fluff, cussing, blood/gore, mentions of death, Sanemi backstory spoilers/manga spoilers. >>

Giyu and Sanemi were assigned a jointed mission at a small village far from there. A couple lower-moons were spotted tormenting residents that lived there. So, this new information quickly made Sanemi and Giyu spring into action. They quickly grabbed their stuff and headed out. Leafs crunches under their feet as they ran, the sun barely going down as they continued their way.

After some time had passed; they finally made it. The sun covering the sky with an orange and pink ombre hue. The sun peaked through the trees as it slowly continued its cycle.

Soon, the sun was fully set. It was now dark letting the demons roam now. After some exploring bustling was heard before Giyu could react, Sanemi quickly cut off the demons head with ease. They continued to wonder before a loud shrike was heard, Giyu and Sanemi wasted no time and ran towards the sudden sound. They came upon a demon cornering a woman.

"Total concentration, Water breathing. First form: Water Surface Slash." Giyu said aloud startling the demon, the demon quickly turned around messing Giyu's attack up. Cutting its arms off instead. Giyu grabbed the girl before putting her somewhere safe. "I- Uhm... Thank you sir!" The woman cried. Giyu placed her down before nodding and leaving. (Wished that was me tbh.)

Once Giyu came back. He saw Sanemi attacking the demon Sanemi was shit talking the entire time. Distracting it. So, Giyu took the chance "Total concentration, water breathing fourth form: Striking Tide." Giyu mumbled before quickly decapitating the demon. "The hell?!" The demon screeched "No fair! No fair!" It yelled as Sanemi snickered "Fucking loser!" He laughed as the demon disintegrated.

Giyu and Sanemi continued their way killing as many demons as they could before sunrise. The powerful hashiras' were covered in a few scratches and before they knew it. The sun began to rise. Peeking through the trees, the sun lit up the sky. Because the Demon Slayer Headquarters was far Sanemi and Giyu were forced to stay at a nearby hotel.

Giyu and Sanemi were told by nearby villagers that it was haunted, even with this in mind; they still decided to go in. Thankfully, the sun was up enough to light up the hotel, shining through the windows. A creak in the floor startled Sanemi who quickly calmed down. After some time wandering they found a decent room to sleep in. Giyu began to dust stuff off Sanemi helping out too.

<< Time skip brought to you by Genyas ashes >>

It was now the afternoon and Giyu and Sanemi decided they'd explore the village. They made their way towards the village which luckily, wasn't far away. When Sanemi and Giyu arrived, they quickly hid their Nirichin Blades, "Shinazugawa. Please cover your chest." Giyu spoke "Like hell I am." Sanemi replied, "Plus. If people don't like it, they can just look away." Sanemi stated; with a sigh, Giyu nodded in agreement.

As they explored, Sanemi and Giyu we're getting looks, "Are they new?" "Where's his shirt?" Were the most common asked questions. "Hm. Shinazugawa, do you want to get food?" Giyu asked "Sure, why not." Sanemi agreed as they ignored the stares. They began to walk around, looking for any cafes or restaurants.
    Once they found one, they walked in, people chatting and laughing rang throughout the building. They walked up to the stand and were greeted nicely, "Hello! How many?" He asked "Just two..." Giyu spoke softly, "Alright! Follow me." He smiled grabbing some things and walking away. Giyu and Sanemi followed behind.

The seats were at the end of each side, lights hanging from the ceiling illuminating and orange hue to the restaurant, they sat down, as a waitress walked up to them, handing them a menu and some drinks. He walked off leaving the two alone.

Some time had passed and he came back taking their orders before walking away. Sanemi tried to talk about the mission, though, Giyu seemed to be spaced out, "Hey shithead. Stop staring off like that." Sanemi huffed snapping his fingers in front of Giyu's face (What fingers tbh?), the snapping seemed to work as Giyu looked away "My apologies, Shinazugawa.." Giyu mumbled. "Whatever." Sanemi replied, it seemed to get quiet after that.

Soon, the waitress came with the food in hand, "Salmon daikon and udon with some Ohagi." He smiled as he placed the food on the table, "And here's the Ginger Tsukudani." He continued "Enjoy!" He said gleefully "Thank you." Giyu replied as he bowed before walking away. "itadakimasu." Sanemi and Giyu said in unison before they began to eat. Giyu's lips began to turn upwards forming into a smile, much to Sanemis surprise.

<<Time skip brought to you by Tamayo family 😘>>

The two males paid before leaving making their way towards the abandoned hotel. Once they arrived they walked in following the route they took, Sanemi looked around paranoid "You alright..?" Giyu asked startling the purple eyed male. "Of course i'm fucking fine." Sanemi replied dishonestly. Giyu quickly took notice of this and observed Sanemis  actions.

They arrived to their chosen room grabbing a few more things for them to rest, that was interrupted when a crash was heard from outside the room "What the fuck?" Sanemi asked startled, Giyu shrugged keeping quiet, "Shh..." He hushed before another crash and thud was heard. Sanemi made a startled noise as Giyu looked over at the panicked male. "Hey...you sure you're alright?" Giyu asked once more, "I- Didn't I say I was fine?!" Sanemi replied shaken.

Another after another crashes and thuds echoed through the halls, eventually, Sanemi broke through and panicked "Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck...." He repeated.

"Kyogo! Please I beg of you stop hurting them!" Shizu cried

"Get they hell outta my way woman!" Kyogo replied harshly as he struck the nimble woman, Shizu fell to the floor as she balled protecting her kids. "Kyogo...Please!" Shizu pleaded as Kyogo pushed her out of the way. He made his way towards Genya, "F-Father?" Genya stuttered as Kyogo approached him, "Go do what I told you, before you end up like your mother." Kyogo threatened, Genya quickly got up taking his younger siblings with him.

Sanemi's eyes began to water his hands flee to his ears, "Please stop...stop stop stop..." He begged as the memories flooded his mind, painful screams and cries, blood, bruises, dead. He was dead, he didn't have to worry about his asshole of a father anymore, right?

"Tomioka..." Sanemi chocked out as tears streamed down his face. Giyu's attention was already on him, as Sanemi looked up he realized, Giyu was hugging him? Sanemi, for once in his life let someone touch him like that. Comfort, warm: Sanemi felt warm and comfortable. He was safe. And for the first time he sobbed in front of someone. No more lonely nights of bad memories. "Shinazugawa...it's alright... I'm here..." Giyu reassured in a soft tone. Giyu let the silver-haired male cry, it was needed—no. Necessary.

Giyu continued to reassure the male as he slowly calmed down, soon. His cries came to a stop, Giyu hummed a light melody as he played with Sanemis hair, Sanemis' breathing regulated again as he finally fell asleep, Giyu following not too long after.

Word count: 1310

A/N: Sorry if this was bad, I apologize for all the slow updates, and ik i apologize a lot but it's a habit, and if the comforting sucks, i'm not too good with comforting people tbh 😭 Hope you enjoyed nonetheless!