Heartless

This is just so you guys don't have to wait for my smut...

——————

Giyu sat at the graveyard, "Sabito ——" the grave read, flowers neatly placed around each and every grave. Giyu bowed his head, apologizing under his breath. He placed a few flowers with the others, "I...I'm sorry, Sabito. I was far too weak to protect you—like you had protected everyone during final selection." Giyu said, his voice wobbly. He hated thinking about it, that afternoon, the gruesome noise of his skull breaking. The blood splattering on the trees and dirt, the maniacal laugh of the demon held responsible for the heinous act.

Giyu bit his lip, suppressing a sob—he hates how he remembers what happened that day like it was yesterday; how it plays on a loop consistently. "I'm so sorry.." He says, his eyes burning as he chocked back a cry, his eyes slowly filling up until they pool over, hitting the stone under him. Giyus eyebrows furrowed sobbing an ugly sob. He hated how easily he cried whenever he visited Sabito, how much he regretted not being strong enough for him. How he always relied on him.

After a while, Giyu sat up, wiping his swollen eyes. He took a deep breath, calming himself before heading to his empty estate.

The walk back was long, giving Giyu's eyes enough time to go back to normal. Unfortunately , on his way back, he bumped into Sanemi and Obanai. "Sorry." Giyu said, accidentally bumping Obanais body, "Watch where you're going." Obanai only said—his voice a bit harsh. Giyu acknowledged his words, walking off. "Always thinking you're better, huh?" Sanemi yelled from behind, however, Giyu kept walking. "Hey, i'm talking to you asshole!" Sanemi yelled out, biting the inside of his cheek, "Shinazugawa, leave it. He's not going to reply." Obanai said, patting Sanemis shoulder. He only groaned a bit in response, rolling his eyes.

This continued for several days, Sanemi always quick to yell at Giyu, Obanai joining in here and there to stir the pot.

...

"Tomioka!" Tanjiro called out, his voice coated with a bit of worry. "He reeks of sadness.." Tanjiro thought to himself, "Kamado.." Giyu replied, "Is everything alright?" Tanjiro asked reassuringly, Giyu stood still, not saying a word, only nodding as Tanjiro waited patiently for a response. "Are you sure? These past few days...I uh, Ive been picking up a heavy scent of sorrow.." Tanjiro said, letting his worry show. "I'm fine, there's no need to worry about me, Kamado." Giyu replied, his voice soft as usual.

Tanjiro puffed his cheeks, taking a deep breath before speaking again. "Tomioka, you can talk to me! I'm not going to judge you," Tanjiro said "I'll listen." Tanjiro finished, dragging Giyu to a secluded area.

Giyu refused to talk for a while, only speaking after Tanjiro continued to encourage him.

Then...he went, he started begging to end, how he felt, what he wish would've happened. He held tears back, it hurt him to remember everything—everyone. Tsutako, his parents, Urokodaki, those kids horrid screams. Sabito..Giyu leaned against a tree trunk, his arms crossed over his chest, his head down as he continued to speak, little by little, Giyu felt his chest lighten.

For the first time in what felt like an eternity, his shoulders felt lighter, Tanjiros face stood in a sad frown, he placed his hand on Giyu's shoulder, smiling softly at him "I'm so sorry..but, I'm happy you trusted me enough.." Tanjiro said, hugging Giyu. A sudden gesture that took him aback. But that was it—that's all it took, and then it began again, silent cries began to fill Tanjiros ears.

"It's okay Tomioka, i'm here." Tanjiro said

He didn't know why, but he couldn't stop crying, he felt like he was his pitiful 13 year old self, the one who refused to eat because he was guilty, the one who refused to do anything but cry. He felt like he was falling in a hole that never ended. After a while, his cries began to calm down. Tanjiro comforted Giyu, reassuring him as he apologized for his sudden breakdown.

~~

A few days later, Sanemi overheard Tanjiro talking to Nezuko about how bad he felt for Giyu, how he wished he could take everything he's gone through, all the pain, and throw it all away. He felt terrible, Nezuko only hummed, patting Tanjiros back, a gesture that makes him smile.

Tanjiro hugs Nezuko sweetly before patting her head, "Thanks, Nezuko." He says, his tone cheerful again.

A few months went by, and Giyu remained the same, he kept his distance and left as soon as Hashira meetings were over. It pissed Sanemi off, he hated how much Giyu would leave, how he was so much better than them. And so..

"Tomioka." Sanemi called out harshly, his tone laced with hatred. Giyu stopped, letting Sanemi know he was heard. Sanemis teeth gridded, "Look at me damn it!" Sanemi yelled, grabbing Giyu by his collar "Stop thinking you're better than all of us! You hear me? You're not as amazing as you think. So stop acting like you're so above us when you're merely the dirt on the ground." Sanemi said "You're the one with the big ego.." Giyu muttered, "Please let go of me." Giyu said, Sanemis grip only tightened. "Just because you lost people doesn't mean you have to act so stuck-up. You're not special jackass. Everyone here has lost someone important through demons." Sanemi said harshly, Giyu remained silent, "You're not better for having a sob-story." Sanemi added.

"Shinazugawa." Obanai said "That's fucked up.." He continued, Sanemi didn't bat an eye "It's the truth." Sanemi replied "Even so, that's such a messed up thing to say, heartless even." Obanai argued, "So what? He can't handle the truth and neither can you. Who cares if it's too far, he's not special for losing people to demons. He can cry about all he wants but that's doesn't make him above us." Sanemi said, getting under Giyu's skin "I never said that." Giyu said, his tone laced with a bit of anger. "It's heartless of you to say such a thing." Obanai added, his arms crossed.

"I don't give a damn! It's not my fault he can't handle harsh words. Maybe he shouldn't have even become a demon slayer.." Sanemi replied, pushing Giyu out of his grasp, Sanemi turned around "Fuck you both." He said before storming off, the two stayed quiet, watching as he stomped away.

"I still don't like you." Obanai said before leaving.

..
wc: 1111
Ermmm that's the end, i got lazy :3

wc: 1111Ermmm that's the end, i got lazy :3

my cutie pie