Red Stained Grass

<< Angst. >>

Smiling softly in his lovers arms, there he was, cuddled up against Sanemi. Knowing this was his last day with him. He smiled, for possibly the last time, it was a sincere smile. Held back so much, not wanting to be a pain to the others. That's when it hit him, he's never really told anyone how he feels.

So, why is it now hitting him? Why does it all seem like he's just not...there? The feelings of sorrow, pain, emptiness—sure, he's always had Sanemi. But, was that really going to stop him? It did, it's always stopped him—he's always stopped him. But, tonight? No, he can't tonight. He won't be able to. It's going to be too late, far too late. It's always been like this.

Unable to feel anymore, he's been holding back so much, and when he knew his lover was asleep, he slid from his grasp. Standing up with ease; he grabbed his katana, sharpening it before he headed out. He didn't want it to be like this, but. This was was his only escape from the never ending pain. The grieving, endless nights of crying, the scars, blood, starvation, horrid screams. It was all cimmerian.

Giyu sighed deeply, air escaping his lungs as he let his hair falling down his back, the moon lighting up the dark sky, the fresh smell of grass, the trees no-longer visible, as the estate seemed to get smaller, he closed his eyes, the slight breeze brushing it to the side. His breathing was rather steady. His plan going into full swing. He smiled, for the last time, he unsheathed his katana, pulling it away from himself, tears welling in his eyes letting them fall, as his katana made contact with his body. Coughing out blood, only then did he realize. He never got to say goodbye. Tears rolled down his face, slowly making his way to a nearby rock, he felt his eyes grow heavy. Smiling warmly, finally falling into a state of peace. Blood rushing out of his body, as his smile faded.

His breathing becoming unsteady, wheezing with every last breath. His eyes finally closing tears coming to a final stop. The night fell warm, his heart slowing down. Suddenly, Sanemis eyes shot open, realizing his lover want in his arms anymore, he sat up—thinking he was in the bathroom. However time passes. Sanemis gut telling him to get up, quickly he searched the estate, realizing he wasn't there. He ran out of the house, following the trail of footprints in the dirt, there he saw the red stained grass, Sanemi looked around, finally spotting Giyu.

He quickly ran over to the body, feeling for a pulse, barely making it in time, his heart beating slowly, barely noticiable. Tears quickly filled his eyes, keeping the katana in his body, picking up the light body, ignoring the blood that stained his clothes, tears streaming down his face. Sanemi ran, trying to make sure that Giyu didn't lose as much blood as he already has. It took a few minutes before he finally arrived, not caring to knock—slamming the doors open.

Startled: Shinobu sprang up, quickly grabbing her katana unsheathing it, only to see Sanemi holding a bloody Giyu, she dropped her sword, quickly rushing to the two, "Holy shit...what happened?" Shinobu asked panicked "I-...I don't know...." Sanemi answered voice cracking . She quickly grabbed bandages and a needle and a thread-like meateral. "Please..lay him on the bed, carefully remove the katana..." Shinobu instructed covering her mouth, taken aback.

As instructed; Sanemi laid him down—on his side, carefully taking out the katana, only then did Giyu move slightly. A hitch in his breath, blood quickly escaping. Quickly: Shinobu took off the top half of his yukata. Shinobu quickly applied pressure. Not caring if it caused pain in the time-being. She wrapped his body in bandages tightly, the pressure causing the blood to come to a stop eventually. When it did, she carefully took of the bandages, blood quickly coming out again. Quickly, she began to stitch up the wound. Cleaning the rest of the blood up.

Sanemi, calming down slightly, his tears finally stopping. About to start up again when he saw Giyu once more. "Shinazugawa." Shinobu started, still focused on Giyu's wounds. "Yeah?" Sanemi replied voice cracking, "There's a uhm....there's a chance of survival.." Shinobu said soft-spoken "How high?" Sanemi asked—fidgeting with his fingers, "Well...It's 50/50.." Shinobu answered, she finished stitching Giyu up. Sighing deeply.