Waves Of Sadness

<< Warning: Angst, suicide attempt. Mentions of child abuse, manga spoilers, cussing >>

There Sanemi was. The pain and grieving he had experienced over the years, his fathers abuse. Masachikas death, Genya. Everyone. Everyone he lost, everyone who even meant anything to him. Sure, he had Giyu but hell. Even with the love and support from his boyfriend did that help.

Tears welled in Sanemis eyes, a smile forming on his lips the wind blew pushing Sanemis hair back, as the sound or the waves colliding with the surface of each other greeted his ears. The sweet smell of sea salt filled his nose, the smell reminding him of Giyu.

Sane had left a note for Giyu and Tengen. His final goodbyes as he came closer to the edge, tears falling from his eyes, an almost dead expression plastered on his face, adrenaline filled his body as he neared the edge.

Taking a few breaths as the hard degrading words of those whom he has met filled his mind "Shut up you mistake of a child!" Kyogo yelled as he slapped Sanemi harshly across the face. "Father...please stop!" Genya yelled as Kyogo turned his attention towards Genya, he walked up to Genya; attempting to hit him only to be met face-to-face with Sanemi. "Don't touch him you jerk!" Sanemi said as his voice broke, on the verge of tears.

"That hashira looks so scary, how the hell did he get all those ugly scars?"

"He looks so terrible! His eyes, his scars. Everything!"

Sanemi smiled closing his eyes, his body feeling at ease, as he fell. The sound of the loud waves filled his ears. Mind going through memories he wished lasted longer. And then, suddenly—his body, he collided with the waves, water filling his lungs as he held his breath, before soon. Stopping.

Giyu panicked running weakly to Tengens estate, knocking rapidly as tears streamed down his face "Yeah, yeah. I'm coming." Tengen complained, he opened the door to see Giyu, "Woah, what the hell? What's wrong?" Tengen asked as Giyu continued to cry, he grabbed Tengens arm, dragging him to where Sanemi said, only to see he wasn't there, the panicked ravenette only began to panic more, sobbing as he ran down a trail note in Tengens hand.

Giyu searched frantically for Sanemi, running in the water seeing a patch of white, Giyu grabbed the clothing, pulling it up seeing it was Sanemi, Giyu pushed Sanemi with his feet as he held himself up trying to swim with his one arm. "Uzui! Grab Sanemi!" Giyu commanded Tengen quickly grabbed Sanemi with his arm, pulling him to the shore, Giyu managed to touch the sand under the ocean, walking up to Sanemi. He checked for a pulse, "Oh...thank god." Giyu cried as he felt a pulse. "Fuck. Let's go to the butterfly mansion." Tengen suggested as Giyu quickly nodded, before sitting Sanemi up. He had Tengen help him walk to the butterfly mansion, Sanemi began to cough, waking up, hoping he'd be dead.

To his dismay, he wasn't. He looked around to see that he was at the butterfly mansion. Tengen comforting a broken down Giyu. Giyu looked up as he heard Sanemi cough a bit more, quickly standing up—dashing towards Sanemis western styled bed. "You're okay! You're alive! Please never do that again.." Giyu sobbed brining Sanemi into an embrace.

Sanemi stared blankly at the wall, not comprehending what was happening, when he was snapped out of that, he realized the ravenette hugging him. Sanemi hugged him back, "Giyu...?" He whispered his voice all but gone. Giyu looked up at Sanemi, "Yes?" He asked wiping away his tears.

"I'm sorry.." He answered "Don't be sorry..please, it was all my fault! I should've done something to prevent this from happening." Giyu replied as Sanemi wrapped his arms around Giyu, "Don't...say that." Sanemi replied, Tengen walked out of the room, leaving the two alone.

More cries and hugs, before Aoi walked in. "Alright, Shinazugawa. I need to do a check-up on you." Aoi said as Giyu got up, sitting down across the room—Aoi walked over to a nearby desk, grabbing some supplies re-wrapping the damp bandages that covered his hand, she studied some of the wounds caused by the fall, humming in acknowledgment—cleaning his wounds covering those too.

She prepared some food, serving it to the two. Before heading off, "Sanemi." Giyu started, "Yeah?" Sanemi replied, "Promise me you'll never do that again?" Giyu finished looking up at Sanemi, the room fell quiet, "...I'll try." Sanemi answered as he continued to eat, Giyu smiled slightly, "Thank you." Giyu responded as he too continued to eat.
Tanjiro heard about what happened and decided he would pay Sanemi a visit. Nezuko by his side, "Hey Tanjiro?" Nezuko said looking at her burgundy haired brother. "Yes, Nezuko?" Tanjiro asked smiling at her. Nezuko had a worried expression plastered on her face, "So you think, Shinazugawa will be alright?" Nezuko asked worryingly, "I'm sure he's fine, Nezuko. After all, he's strong, plus Aoi and Kanao are looking after him too, and i'm sure Giyu is there for support too." Tanjiro replied, Nezuko nodded in response, grabbing a hold of Tanjiros' hand.

After some time, the siblings had made it to the Butterfly estate, knocking as light footsepts echoed off the walls. Kanao opened the door, smiling as she saw them, she stepped to the side, inviting them in. "We're here for Shinazugawa." Nezuko explained, "He's down the hall, first door to the right." Kanao explained, as the two headed towards the room. Nezuko knocked lightly before stepping in.

"Hello, Shinazugawa." Nezuko greeted "Hi, Kamado." Sanemi replied smiling slightly at the girl, "I heard what happened, are you alright?" Nezuko asked, pulling a chair next to Sanemis bed. "I'm fine." Sanemi replied looking down slightly.

Tanjiro stood next to his younger sister, "Yeah. You have our support, Shinazugawa." Tanjiro smiled, "I appreciate it." Sanemi replied looking back up at the siblings. Giving them a smile, they returned the smile, talking with him and Giyu before bowing, leaving the two alone.

Word count: 1048

A/N: UHM SLAY IG?? ALSO THANK YOU FOR 3k READS YOU GUYS LIKE WHAT I CANT BELIEVE IT MAN