Chapter 20 - Ghosts of the Past 2

It was their old school where they had studied together as kids. Where she was severely bullied for every small thing she did. Where she felt utterly lonely.
She left this hell hole 4 years ago! She had changed schools due to this! There were few who still bullied her and teased her but atleast she made some amazing friends in her new school!

Shyra looked at Raghav and asked,
"Raghav! What are we doing here????!!"

Raghav laughed at me and said to follow him.

He took me to that cool place behind our school everyone used to hang out.

Shyra glared at Raghav and asked,
"Inga edhuku kuttitu vandha?"

Raghav smiled and said,
"Surprise !!"""

And out came every single one of my bullies. Every 15 of them.

They started their work by surrounding me.

Bully 1:
"Enna di? Peria ivala aatam singing competition la poniya! Von tholla thanga mudiyama thorathi vittangala?"

Bully 2:
"Machan! Iva voice keka modhu la ennakh gaanda agudhu Machan!"

Bully 3:
"Illa von moonju kh Raghav kekudha? "

Bully 4 replying to Bully 3:
"Ila di! Ivan Azhaga paathu mayengi vizhudhiruka! Adhaan propose paniruka!"

Bully 5:
"Enna paakura it was all part of the game! It was just a Bet! Vonna la yaaru love panuva? Von moonjum...nadakura vidhamum...Ew...nenachale its disgusting!"

Bully 6:
"Ana Machan Raghav! Nee Vera level da! Nee bet kattuna madhriye ivala within 4 months la correct pani, ava la vechi avale vandhu vonna propose pana vechi...iva kuda suthi von social media followers ah ethitha famous aita da!"

And so on all of them continued.

Till now Shyra had a blank face with no expressions and was looking straight ahead. But as soon as she heard the last 2 speaking, she understood what really happened.

She looked at Raghav, only to find him smirking at her looking smug.

Raghav came closer to her and said in low voice so others won't hear,
"Yes Shyra! It was all a game? Yes I lied to them! You and Me know we were just friends but....who cares? No one will believe you over me! And if not for this bet, I wouldn't have talked to you either! Vonna la yaaru friend ah vechipa? Hope you liked the surprise!"

Saying he stepped back!

Raghav the arrogantly asked one of the others.
"Machan..what do u think? Iva la music industry la vara mudiyum? Yaara chance kudupanga nu nenaikura?"

"Ivala???? Yen Machaan comedy panitu?? Hàan iva yaaru kudaya padhutha appo chance kedaikulam!"

Shyra wanted to burn and rage. But she was above that.

Shyra took a deep breadth,
"Mudinjidha? Pesi mudichitingala ellarum? I am not even going to waste my breadth talking to you all! But just get one thing clear! I will continue pursue my passion and my dream! Adhu yaaru alayum stop pana mudiyadhu! Especially not you people! And just remember Karma is a boomerang! You can't escape from it! And it's so unpredictable...sometimes instant ah thirupi adikum ...sometimes delay agum..but you will always reap what you sow! Goodbyes!"

Shyra turned around and started to walk but stopped and turned back,
"And Raghav? Theriya thanama kuda en veetu pakkam vandhiradha! Vandha...peria pretchenaya aidum...vonnaku.."

Shyra then left from the school premises and got into an Auto.

The entire journey back home, she was crying continuously.

The auto driver got worried about her, after all she was his favourite contestant in the competition,
"Shyra Thangachi....thani kudikuriya? Ippidi azhudha sali pudikum da... please da ...azhugadha..."

Shyra's voice quivered as she replied,
"Illa Na..unnum illa na...enna veetula mattum poi vidunga..I'm..ok.."

The Auto Anna looked at her helplessly.
He sighed and increased the speed of the Auto in hopes that it would help her.

Shyra reached her house, paid the Auto Anna and opened her house gate to go inside while simultaneously wiping her eyes and trying to breath steadily in hopes that she will look normal.

She silently went inside in hopes that could run to her room without being spotted when she heard her mother talking in the phone to someone.

Banu Ma:
"Approm enna? Unnum few years la Raghav kum Shyra kum kalayanam pani vechidulam...ipoo illa obviously but ava 22 illa 24 aga modhu solluren..."

Shyra froze. She felt like she was suffocating. It felt like her blood was freezing in her veins and she felt sick to her stomach hearing her mother.

She walked the sofa where her mother with a scary calmness and a sense of controlled temper.

Looking at her, Banu Ma quickly disconnected her phone and asked,
"Shyra Enna di achi..? Yen ippidi vara?"

Shrya asked,
"Enna sonna? Naan 22 illa 24 ana nee enna Raghav ku katti kudupia?"

Banu Ma not understanding the situation or the consequences of her words said in her usual forcefully,
"Ama! Raghav ku enna korachal!? Nee avana thaan kattikura! Nala paiyan! Nala Amma pa. Verra enna venum! Ne avanatha kalyanam panipa ! Avalodhana!"

What amount of trust, bond, and love she had on her mother shattered completely at that moment.
Wasn't it her own Mother who kept insisting her to give that bastard a second chance? Wasn't she the one who kept pushing them to hangout more? And now this...was this the reason for all that she had to go through today? What did she do wrong? Was it wrong to trust her mother and take her words? Was it wrong of her to get convinced by her mother's words and to forgive Raghav? Where did she go wrong?

Shyra took a deep breadth and said with an air of finality,
"Seri, the moment en kaila andha aaloda engagement ring erudho..appo nee enna ponama thaan papa! Idhu naan von mela vekura sathiyam! And inni oda vonnakum ennakum irruka oravu idhodha mudinjidhu! Innime nee yarro...Naan yaaro! You don't have any rights on me! Nee enna pethu- valatha orre reason nala thaan vonnaku basic mariyadha thaaren...adhayum keduthukadha..."

Saying this, she rushed to her room and closed the door with a bang and broke out into heart wrenching sobs.
Hearing the sound her brothers Pranav, Vinay and Denish who had come there for holidays rushed to her room. With Krishnan Pa hanging in the back and calmly listening what was wrong with his little princess as Shyra brokenly told them what happened since morning.

*FLASHBACK ENDS *

Saying all this, Shyra sobbed.

Arjun was already trying to provide  comfort to her by wrapping an arm around her as she said her painful memory but  now he needed to be there for his girl.

Arjun took the crying and hurt girl into his lap and wrapped his arms and hugged her tightly and in such a way that her sobs were muffled by his chest and her face was against his chest.

He heard her muffled  voice saying.

Shyra:
"Anneku En Appa...approm en Annanunga were ready to hunt down and punish every single person on that gang but I only told them to drop it and they just weren't worth it! Aniku lendhu Amma kitta yaarum seria pesa mattom...
Appa thaan minimal ah pesuvaru..."

Arjun just tightened his hold on her and gently rocked her back and forth. Soothing her, rubbing her back and providing as much comfort he could.

___________________________________________

A/N:

Happy New Year Family!!!!

Thank you for your support.

Hope you all like it!

Please comment your thoughts and what you like/dislike.

Your comments are my
motivation.

Always stay kulukulu
-Anu💜