Chapter 1: Forever Happiness

Ayane giggled silently and hid under the bush as she watched her adoptive brother Shippo go looking for her. She grinned and stayed as still as possible until finally, Shippo moved away. Out of all the games, she played this one was her favorite.

After only several hours of searching for her, she slowly crept out from underneath the bushes where she's been hiding. She has to go find them that she wanted to play with. The only friends she could find are Makoto, Sakura, Haruka, and Tadashi. Before she was able to make it to Kaede's Village, one of the strong arms wrapped around her midsection and lift her. She squirmed and looked over her shoulder at her rather tall father.  It was her father, Sesshomaru.

"And where are you off to, my little sneaker?" Sesshomaru asked as he carried his small daughter into the big hut.

"I was going to see the others. Makoto, Sakura, Haruka, and Tadashi," Ayane said with a big innocent smile.

Sesshomaru laughed softly and shook his head. "One of their parents was busy taking care of."

"What do you mean, Dada?"

"What I mean, Ayane, your friends are at home and taking their naps because they are very young," Sesshomaru said with a soft smile. "You'll have to find something else."

Ayane huffed and crossed her arms across her small chest. She knew there was nothing to play with besides her cousin and her three friends. "There's nothing fun to do anymore," she protested with a huff. "Shippo is too busy training, Kohaku is too busy traveling the world with Kirara, Rin always helping Grandma Kaede, Mommy is too busy training to be a priestess, and you were too busy with whatever you do."

Sesshomaru sighed at that. "That's what happens when you're grown up, Ayane."

Ayane giggled, wrapping her small arms around his neck. "Then I never want to grow up!"

Sesshomaru chuckled. "You won't be saying that when you grow up and find a man you love."

Ayane stuck out her tongue and crossed her arms across her chest again. "Ewww! That's yucky! I don't want to marry some icky man!"

He couldn't help but chuckle louder. He thought one day she would meet someone she loved and she would want to mate with. Even though, he wondered if Ayane would ever fall in love with Tadashi, Sango and Miroku's younger son when she gets older to become a woman like his mate Kagome. Sango and Miroku would've been happy of becoming their new family-in-laws.

"Why don't you get ready for lunch, Ayane? You'll need to take a bath and dress in something nice. Because we have to be ready for Rin and Kohaku's wedding," Sesshomaru said with a soft smile.

Ayane nodded in response. He then set his daughter down and let her go off. He watched his daughter running around the room as she spread her arms and laughed.

***

Within a few hours, the wedding has been started and Rin and Kohaku had gotten married before the party has been started. Sesshomaru and Kagome watched over Ayane who played with her cousin Makoto, Inuyasha and Ayame's son. It was a great wedding for Rin and Kohaku. They couldn't believe their adoptive daughter had grown into a beautiful young woman. Sesshomaru and Kagome felt proud of themselves for being their parents.

Kagome smiled. "Sesshomaru, do you remember how we got married in the Sakura Tree?" she asked her husband, glancing at her icy blue eyes.

Sesshomaru nodded. "Yes, we did. Ever since you were pregnant with Ayane."

She sighed at that. "Well, I was surprised when I didn't know I was pregnant. Actually, Ayane would've been with us when we had defeated Naraku and made the jewel gone forever for our epic adventure."