Chapter 11: Hide and Seek With A Spider and a Pup

Naraku was shocked. He couldn't believe his own eyes. Was it Kagome who defeated him? Or was it just Kikyo, his worst enemy? No, it was just a little girl. She smelled something. She smelled like a half-breed. But he noticed she was a half-demon dog.

The question is... how did she get in there? How did she manage this? It doesn't matter at all. This little one looked similar to Kagome because of her look. Icy blue eyes and tinted blue hair reminded him of a midnight sky.

Naraku glared, narrowing his crimson eyes. He watched Konoha lower her in curiosity, staring at him for a bit. He disguised how the girl stared at him like that. He couldn't stand around but sit beside the very big sacred tree.

"You," he demanded as he finally stood up from the tree and walked towards the young girl slowly. "How did you get here and where do you come from?"

She didn't respond. Just staring at him.

Naraku narrowed his eyes again. "Are you incapable of being afraid?"

She still didn't respond. He didn't see why this girl wasn't so afraid. He wanted to see everyone scared, but as a matter of fact, this girl seems looked so familiar to her. Not even she looked like Kagome or Kikyo. But... why is it so familiar? What does she look like?

Naraku couldn't help but stare at her face. He sighed at that, closing his eyes softly. He didn't want to see her face. Why is she so familiar!? What does she look like!? Her black-raven hair with tinted blue, icy blue eyes, and pale skin look the same. The little girl noticed something. He looked a bit sad.

He was deep in his thoughts when he felt the familiar girl's hand cup his cheek suddenly, causing him to look down at her in confusion. There was one way she could communicate with him and she only hoped that he would not retaliate to her touch.

"Why are you so sad?" Konoha asked.

"Huh?"

"Why are you sad? You look like you're hurting on the inside," Konoha said before she could touch his face again, but he stopped her from touching him.

"Stop!" Naraku shouted as he hit her hand, pushing it away from his face forcefully. "What are you trying to do? Befriended me so I'll think twice about sparing your life?"

Konoha took a step back. "Sorry, I was just--" Without a warning, she felt something grab in the throat by a hand of Naraku's. Of course, he was gripping her around the neck to strangle her. But he wasn't going to strangle her so hard.

His grip tightened as she was caused to cough and splutter before Konoha struggled to break free from him, but his grip was too strong. She stopped resisting and held onto his wrist tightly. She stared into the angry and sad gaze. She noticed there was something wrong with him. Something dark thoughts in him. He was just angry and sad in his expression. Like that pair, he had seen in the past that had looked right through his malicious walls and seen the weak human man underneath. And like that pair of eyes had accepted that. Naraku ignored those instant memories and strangled the little girl that so resemble her even more than before.

"You don't have to do this..." she choked with her telepathic way of communication as she let out a small cough. Naraku looked at her pleading face stained with tears of discomfort and sadness as he felt his stomach flip slightly, something it had not done other than when he was with her all those years. "I'm sorry if I hurt you by asking you that. It isn't any of my business what happened to you to make you sad." She whispered as her voice sounded weak due to Naraku's powerful grip on her neck.

The minute the small portion of blood began to run from her mouth. He blinked his eyes as he felt something flash in his mind. He could see the unfamiliar girl who looked just like Konoha standing in front of him, taking his hand softly with a happy look on her face.

Could it be...? Was he her from before? Was it the same girl from before? Who is she? Was this the girl named Konoha that I'd been looking for? Naraku thought as he sweatdropped a bit before he saw a figure girl wave at him. With a final scene within his thoughts, he could see the fire that surrounded him. The figure girl tried to save him when she reached out her hand, but the flames died out before the figure girl disappeared. Finally, he stared at the little girl who was about to die by his hand.

He sighed as he let go of her, causing her to fall to the ground. Konoha coughed out for air. He stared at her with a glaring look on his face.

Why did I let her go? Just because she looked so much like all those years? Naraku asked himself in his thoughts. He could not think of those thoughts again but a vision that he had saw it from before. Naraku had buried those memories away from Onigumo's human heart.

Konoha regained the oxygen she had lost and rose to her feet quickly, she looked at him in pure terror. Then she speeds ahead towards the path.

"Wait!" Naraku shouted, trying to stop, but she was already gone anyway. He glared as he decided to come to find her. What he means is that he doesn't want to kidnap her. He wanted to figure out who this young girl is from Onigumo's past.

It's a little game of hide-and-seek for him, which he slightly smirk.