Chapter 3: Riku and Lady Zero

It was late at night and the moon was full as Sesshomaru flew over the moonlit fields and forests that were shrouded in starlight. He had left the Edo Village, his family, Jaken, Ah-Un, and even Rin in a small valley to find someone who has stolen Kikyo's remains.

Sesshomaru was proud of his adoptive daughter Rin who had become a healer and even married Kohaku. Even though, he needed to trust him and made sure he would be a fine husband to her. Well, since he had served Naraku for a long time before they defeated him and the jewel disappeared forever. As for Shippo, his adoptive son, he would be a fine warrior and fighter just like his old man, Sesshomaru. Shippo has been training so hard with the demon foxes. When he was done training, he went to go visit Sesshomaru and Kagome. Every time he visited, he would always play with Ayane.

Right now, Sesshomaru flew faster, trying to mask the wave of excitement that was washing over him as he neared the village where he would see his family. After so long, he couldn't find the stranger who stole the ashes. All of a sudden, he smelt something above him and the scent was familiar. It was Kohaku, his son-in-law.

"Kohaku," he muttered, not even bothering to glance up to see the young demon slayer above him who was riding on the fire nekomata sabertooth two-tailed, Kirara.

Kohaku smiled and flew lower so that he was level with the Lord of the Western Land. "Hello again, Lord Sesshomaru," he greeted, smiling. "It's been quite a while since we last saw each other during our marriage, hasn't it?"

He nodded with a soft smile. "Yes, it has been a quite while. Tell me, Kohaku, have you found a thief yet? The one who has stolen Kikyo's ashes?"

"No, I haven't, but I saw a sky falling from the sky," Kohaku said.

Sesshomaru blinked. "What is it?"

"I don't know. Maybe a comet or a shooting star, I think." He replied.

"Would you like to show me, Kohaku?" Sesshomaru asked.

Kohaku nodded as Kirara growled in agreement. "Of course, Lord Sesshomaru." They then flew over the land where Kohaku had found it. They landed on the ground. Kohaku pointed over the sky and saw the bright red star that looked like a comet was approaching, coming its way to the land. Sesshomaru noticed it. He looked over at the sky and realized the comet was coming its way to land towards the earth.

"Kohaku, do you know what that means?" Sesshomaru asked curiously.

He nodded. "Yeah, it looks like it was heading its way to collapse the Western Land almost reach the Edo Village."

He blinked in shock. If the comet would travel close to Earth. War and famine would spread the land, causing the deaths of many people, then will destroy the village. This must be some kind of warning!

"Kohaku, we have to warn the others or else it will destroy all over the village and the Western Land," Sesshomaru said before he took off flying and Kohaku and Kirara went with him as well. Sesshomaru stared ahead with his focus never leaving the starry horizon that'll in his path, his thoughts on his family and their well-being.

***

Kagome was in the hut, tucking Ayane into bed until she went outside and looked over the stars from the sky. She wondered how Sesshomaru and Shippo were doing after they both left: Sesshomaru went searching for the stranger who had stolen Kikyo's ashes and Shippo who went on training with some other demon foxes and the guards. She was sure they were fine.

When she stood outside, walking in the village all by herself, she heard a footstep approaching behind her. She slowly spun around and saw a young man with green eyes and auburn hair worn to his neck. He wears a striped blue and dark blue kosode with torn edges along the sleeves, a white hadajuban undershirt, a beige haori jacket with red and black stripes along the collar, a light blue sash tied along his waist, purple hakama leggings with thin vertical dark purple stripes, a pair of black seats around his shins, and a pair of white tabi on his feet with waraji straw sandals.