Chapter 6: Rebirth of Purity and Evil

For so long, Zero waited for their arrival any minute as she sat on the throne. She couldn't help but smirk evilly. Her plan is working when she sensed Inuyumi has taken the half-breed child away from its mother. She got up and walked toward the window where she stared at the Great Mountain.

"Everything is going completely according to my plan," Zero said, knowing soon she will wake her brother Kirinmaru. "Soon the child of Lord Sesshomaru will give Naraku and Kikyo her demonic and spiritual powers, then my brother will be awake from his slumber." It was knowing soon that Naraku and Kikyo will be possessed by Ayane's power to have their power back before Kirinmaru was awake.

"My Lady, I have returned," Inuyumi said as she and the Band of Seven arrived back at the castle, especially for Kagura and Kanna who arrived as well.

"Well?" Zero asked with a look. "Have you brought the child and Kikyo's and Naraku's ashes?"

"Yes!" Inuyumi shouted out as she brought Ayane into her sleep towards her. She felt embarrassed about doing this. "Here's the child that you want it!"

Zero smirked smoothly, walking towards Inuyumi and Ayane. "Perfect, Yumi," she replied. She turned her head at Bankotsu, "How about you, boys? Did you find Naraku's ashes near the abandoned castle?"

Bankotsu smirked. "Yes, we do, My Lady. Mission accomplished!"

"Ah, yes. Perfect," Zero said before she looked over at Ayane in her sleeping form and took the two ashes from the Band of Seven. "Now, the child's demonic and spiritual powers will awaken Naraku and Kikyo. When it was done, they will have no choice but to help my brother."

Then all of a sudden, Inuyumi felt movement in her arms so she looked down at the four-year-old child who unlucky was stirring. They knew Ayane was awakened. Her eyelids were gracefully lifting. Inuyumi sweatdropped in panic.

"Oh, crap! She's awake!" Inuyumi panicked. "What should I do!?"

Zero narrowed her green eyes. "Then that's your responsibility. I shall go meet up with Tsubaki and Riku when the time was done," she said before she left the throne room, leaving Inuyumi and the Band of Seven all alone with Ayane.

Her eyes were now open and looked around for her mother and father only gasp in alarm. She was carried by a strange woman with white hair like her father's whom she had never seen before and who didn't smell friendly. She sniffed her surroundings, desperately hoping for a family scent but much to her horror she was in an area completely unknown to her. She began to panic but cried out for her parents.

"Mommy! Daddy! Where are you!? I want my mommy and daddy!" Ayane cried loudly as Inuyumi tried to calm her down. Some little kids have tantrums when they cry and scream about.

Bankotsu had noticed that she was fully conscious so he decided to help Inuyumi out to try and win her trust by lying. Inuyumi began to pass Ayane to Bankotsu gently then he began to calm her down.

"Hey there, little lady," Bankotsu cooed gently in the friendliest voice he could put on, "you don't need to cry. Your whole village was on fire so your parents told us to take you far away until it was safe."

Ayane was confused, she didn't remember at home being on fire and she didn't remember smelling any smoke. She looked up at him, unconvinced, and let out a low small from the back of her neck.

"What's wrong, kiddo? I know you probably miss your parents but you'll see them in a little while, don't worry," Bankotsu lied, giving her a smirk that Ayane didn't like.

After a few seconds Ayane realized he was right, she did miss her parents. In fact, she missed them terribly! Newborn babies and toddlers weren't supposed to leave their parents this early and her instincts were slowly beginning to kick in as she let off a bloodcurdling snarl.