Chapter 17: Heartbroken

"What?" Konoha said in shock as she sweatdropped. She looked over the archangel cat named Cross was still facing her with eyes closed.

"Answer the question, Haya!" Cross demanded her in anger.

"I don't know what you're talking and my name isn't Haya. I am Konoha." Konoha told him with a serious look.

"What? If you're not Haya, then why do you have her scent?" Cross asked in shock.

"Huh?"

Then he slowly opened his eyes, it was revealed that he has a golden gaze. As he gazed upon her, his vision went blur as he began to blink it three times. Then he finally found out who this kid is. She has black-tinted blue hair and icy blue eyes while she was wearing a yukata during the festival. She looked just like someone he knew a long time ago, but he knew it wasn't her.

I must be mistaken... Cross thought in surprise. He looked over and saw a bunch of villagers in shock, which annoyed him.

"Where is Haya?" Cross asked everyone the question.

Then the Queen took a step forward and faced him, "Cross... It is you! I've been waiting to meet you." She said with a kind smile.

"Huh? Who are you? And where is Haya?" Cross questioned her.

"I am Queen Rosa, the ruler of Northen Land. And I had heard very much about you. My mother had told me a story about you and your companion Lady Haya." Queen Rosa said, "And unfortunately, Lady Haya is dead."

Cross blinked. "What? H-How...?"

"Lady Haya? Who is she?" Konoha asked, confused.

Queen Rosa smiled at her and said, "She is the princess half-demon, also the priestess half-demon, born from the human mother and the demon father. Lady Haya was the first half-demon in this world, also a noble and an honored knight to the Great Demon Dog from the Western Land. When Lady Midoriko was defeated and was about to be killed, Lady Haya sacrificed herself to save her to create the imprisonment of Shikon Jewel alongside the demons."

"What about the time Lady Haya had sealed Cross away?" Sanda questioned the Queen.

Cross glared at this, didn't want to hear this. He turned and walked away, leaving them to have a conversation.

"Hey, where are you going?" Konoha asked as she began to follow him.

"It is none of your business, kid. I have no attention of listening to this conversation." Cross said, ignoring her as he kept walking away from her.

"About how Lady Haya had sealed you away? I'm pretty sure she only did it to save your life from getting killed." Konoha said, walking beside him.

He scowled, looking away from her face.

"Hey! All I'm saying is Lady Haya probably did to save your life. Why are you so angry all of a sudden?" Konoha wanted to argue with the archangel cat she just met today.

"She sealed me away with the Sacred Staff and left me for dead. All I ever wanted is to help her, but she betrayed me, anyway. Now I am angry at her for what she did. If you are Haya, I would kill you just now." Cross said, giving Konoha a death glare.

Konoha gulped in fear and stopped following him as she watched him walk away. She growled as she glared at the back of his head. "Well, if I was Haya, I would put you five feet away."

"Let's just leave him, Konoha. He needs more time alone." Sanda suggested, taking her hand.

She sighed. "I suppose you were right."

***

Cross went outside and looked up at the full moon that was up in the sky. The moonlight brightens the entire castle in front of him. While staring at the full moon, he wanted to figure out why Haya had betrayed her. He wanted to know why she would seal him away with the Sacred Staff. Then he closed his eyes and began to remember what happened.

Flashback

Cross was jumping from rock to rock. Suddenly he stopped as he surveyed the landscape but saw only darkness and rock. He closes his eyes and used his aura to see a bunch of demons coming their way to destroy the village. When he opened his eyes, he went to go find Haya immediately.

Suddenly, Cross was ambushed by demons. They have him in a circle, and one shoots a fire shot at him.

Cross dodged it and ran. They followed and one shoot another beam. Again, Cross dodged their attack. He jumped to the face of a cliff, and one demon used a powerful fist to attack him. He dodged and attacked a demon with a red-and-purple blade. When he kept fighting them, he dodged their attack, but this time it was very close, and the dust from the crash got in his eyes and temporarily blinded him.

He leaped to the side and tried to rub the dust out, but the demons again shoot fires. Luckily, Cross used his aura to sense it and jumped out of the way. He was still blinded, and he has nowhere to go. All three demons released a gigantic fire, but they missed again because Cross does an acrobatic leap into the air, does a few flips, and landed in the middle of two of the demons. Cross uses two swords under his sleeves and slaughtered them. Finally, he managed to escape.

When Cross was all alone, he finally found Haya arrived in no time with the Sacred Staff. He smiled in relief, running towards her as his eyes were still closed.

"Lady Haya!" Cross called out to her as he stopped on a ledge underneath him. "I knew you'd come."

Haya noticed his face when she saw his eyes are covered in dust. "Cross, what happened to your eyes?"

"Don't worry about me, My Lady. It was just nothing." Cross said.

Haya turned around with a sad look, "Don't call me that, Cross."

Cross was confused. "Why?"

"Because I am no longer your princess nor your priestess. I've abandoned my duty and my kingdom. I shall never return." Haya said as the wind started to breeze through her and Cross.

He blinked in shock. "What!? But... that is impossible..."

"Forgive me, Cross." Then Haya began to leave before running away.

"Wait, Lady Haya!" He ran after him, trying to stop her. Haya stopped immediately as she turned around and threw the Sacred Staff at him.

The Scared Staff began to glow before he was sealed away. "Lady Haya!" Cross yelled, but he was stored in the Sacred Staff, leaving him imprisoned.

As Haya was leaping through the trail while running away, Cross saw through the diamond in the top of the Sacred Staff.

"Why, Haya...? Why...?" Then the staff glowed one final time, and Cross was sealed inside.

Flashback ends

Lady Haya... Why did you abandon your kingdom or your duty? Why? Cross thought, still wondering why she would betray everything she cared about. It stills from inside his heart. He wanted answers from her. If Haya was still here, he wanted her to answer the truth. He don't hate her but hated the way she would hurt him.