Chapter 16: The Revival of the Archangel Cat Cross

While having fun at the festival, Sanda and Konoha walked through the streets as they watched families and couples checking out the stalls that held games, food, and different kinds of merchandise.

Konoha had never seen it before, but this place looked unfamiliar to her. She saw parents and a child walking together to the street as she could see their faces. Her eyes flashed as she saw two unfamiliar faces who looked like they were her parents. Konoha froze as she saw them smiling at them. She blinked, feeling confused. As she looked, it was just the same parents and a child. Why are they so familiar to her? Why can't she remember?

"Is something wrong?" Sanda asked her as he gave her a worried look.

She shook her head and smiled. "It's nothing. We should get going."

"Okay," Sanda replied, nodding in agreement. Then he spotted something at one of the stalls. He grabbed Konoha's hand and lead her to the stall that caught his eye.

"Hey, look! Check this out!" Sanda said excitedly, pointing at the stall.

"What's that?" Konoha asked, confused. She was just staring at the stall that looks like old to her.

"It's a puffy thing," Sanda said while staring at the stall owner who was making something.

Bankotsu walked up to them and smiled. "It's called cotton candy."

"Cotton candy?" Sanda and Konoha asked at the same time.

He nodded. "Yep, one of the delicious food. Wanna try it?"

"Sure, but we never taste it before," Konoha said.

"Then you should try it." Bankotsu then asked the owner for two cotton candies, which he accepted. Then he made two cotton candies and gave them to Sanda and Konoha. After that, they took their taste testing as they bite out of it until their eyes widen, thinking it was good.

"Wow! This cotton candy tastes amazing!" Konoha exclaimed, starting to eat more.

"Yeah, and we want more!" Sanda wailed, eating as well.

"You two already have one, so you two don't need more because you will all hurt your stomachs." Bankotsu scolded.

"Awww..." Sanda and Konoha wailed.

Kikyo walked up to them with a smile. "It would seem that you have been a genius father to them, Bankotsu."

"Hey, I ain't raising those kids!" Bankotsu jested, smiling.

***

After a while, that very night there was a royal ball in the palace and everyone gathered around to see the Queen standing upon them with a smile.

"Everyone, I would like to thank you all for coming to the festival. I am grateful that you all come. However, tonight we shall celebrate thousands of years since the Shikon Jewel has been created by the warrior priestess named Midoriko. And finally, the Shikon Jewel has finally disappeared forever after five years. Thanks to the priestess who had made a wish to send their souls free from this imprisoned jewel."

"The Shikon Jewel? What is that?" Sanda asked curiously.

"I had no idea," Konoha replied.

Kikyo smiled at them. "The Shikon Jewel was a powerful marble-sized sphere that grants immense power to whoever possesses it. It is considered by my younger sister Kaede as an unholy jewel that boosts a demon's spiritual power. Only a few individuals, such as me and Kagome, can sense the presence of the Jewel and its hundreds of fragments. One day, the Shikon Jewel was finally completed and Lady Kagome made a wish to disappear forever."