Chapter 15: The Festival

"Miroku, you lecher!" Sango shrieked at her husband for seeing a woman who wore a festival yukata. However, it was a festival today and it was time for them to celebrate. Right now, she slapped Miroku across his face and walked away, leaving a red mark on his face.

"Sango, wait! I wasn't looking at any women! I was just checking around to make the festival go great!" Miroku pleaded with her.

"Oh, really? You mean you went checking on women's behind? It's your fault for being a pervert!" Sango looked away, couldn't stand him for being a lecher monk. She went outside before meeting with the others.

"Sango, wait for me!" Miroku cried out.

As they arrived at the festival, they finally made up with everyone. Everyone looked happy at the festival, everyone except Kagome who still looked depressed about what happened to her little girl. She hasn't seen Sesshomaru. He must out went searching for them to have revenge. Killing everyone won't bring Ayane back. It was the worse thing they could do.

"Kagome?" Sango called out to her.

Kagome didn't respond to her. She was standing there quietly.

Ayame was there as she saw how much Kagome missed Ayane with all her heart. She guessed she decided to cheer her up. It's a festival day, after all.

"Kagome, I know you missed Ayane, but you have to move on. I'm pretty sure the festival will make you feel better." Ayame said.

She sighed, looking away. "What's the point? It's still my fault that I didn't protect Ayane. I'm still a terrible mother. Even with Sesshomaru who left me, I feel like I had lost everything."

"You are not a terrible mother and it's not your fault. You have done everything to protect her, especially since you had raised her for over four years. Besides, we're here for you because you're not alone. Sesshomaru will come back for you. He still loves you." Sango said as she cheered her up.

Kagome slowly smiled at her friends as they began to walk together through the forest before meeting up with Kohaku and Rin.

***

Konoha skipped happily as she wore a festival yukata that Bankotsu had given to her. He looked at the little half-breed who looked too happy as he smiled, seeing how adorable she is. He wondered why he was helping her to find her parents. As for Sanda, well... he wanted to make sure he doesn't try anything stupid by telling her who she is and who her parents are.

While everyone are walking together, Kikyo couldn't help but stare at the So'unga that Konoha was bringing with her.

"Bankotsu."

"Yes, Kikyo?" Bankotsu asked, smiling.

"Do you familiar with the sword?" Kikyo asked him.

He shook his head. "Not really."

"I have never recognized that sword. It looks old and dangerous." Bankotsu said.

"I see," Kikyo replied, looking down with eyes closed.

He looked at her, seeing how beautiful she was. The way she got an attitude. He smirked at this.

"Hey, guys! Check this out!" Jakotsu said happily, pointing at the huge village with the big palace.

"Whoa!" Konoha and Sanda exclaimed at the same time, their eyes shined like a bright star.

"Can we go in there? We wanna have some fun?" Konoha pleaded with them.

Kikyo sighed as she smiled at them. "Of course, but as long as you two stay close to us."

"Yay!" Then Konoha took Sanda and went to the festival to have some fun.

Bankotsu chuckled. "Kids."

"Do you believe that? Sanda and Konoha are like our children." Kikyo said, chuckling.

"I bet you two would hook up together," Mukotsu said with a smirk.

"Shut up, you!" Bankotsu hit him in the back of his head.

"Ow!" Mukotsu wailed, rubbing the back of his head.

"Let's have some fun, shall we?" Jakotsu suggested before joining the festival.

Bankotsu rolled his eyes, sighing. "Why not?"

***

Sesshomaru was flying around in the night sky while searching for his enemies. It has been a tragedy since Ayane has died. He will never forget Zero for what she has done. He promised his dead daughter he will average her death.

I promised Ayane that I will have my revenge. Sesshomaru thought as his golden filled up with tears, revealing his true color. But I couldn't find them. How has he hidden a strong miasma? And why would he? We had defeated Naraku once, now we will do it again.

He continued to fly off as he continued searching for them.