Chapter 4: The Grim Comet

When Sesshomaru made it back to the Edo Village, he entered the hut and saw everyone sitting beside the fireplace. Kagome was the first person who heard his footstep coming into the hut. Rin could hear his approach as well when she was happy to see her adoptive father coming in.

"Dad!" Rin said happily.

"Welcome home, darling." Kagome greeted him happily as she approached and embraced her husband.

Sesshomaru embraced back. "Hn." He muttered when he doesn't have time to greet his family.

Inuyasha and Ayame figured out what was wrong. So he began to speak to his older brother, "Is something the matter, Sesshomaru?"

"Yeah, you looked worried."

Sesshomaru gazed at everyone.

Kagome faced her husband. "If this is about Kirinmaru and the Grim Comet, then I needed you and Inuyasha to join forces."

Inuyasha scoffed. "Why the hell would I join forces with this bastard?"

"Inuyasha, you've been helping your brother to join forces to save Kagome from Naraku before meeting her father and wishing the jewel to disappear forever, remember?" Ayame said.

He sighed. "Yeah, I suppose so, but I don't like him that much."

"Well, Ayane and Makoto got along, which it's a good thing. You two needed to get along as well." Kagome scolded.

"Everyone," Sesshomaru interrupted in a small loud tone, which gives everyone's attention, "We needed to protect our children."

"From who?" Miroku asked in confusion.

"Kirinmaru, that's who," Kagome answered, frowning.

"Kirinmaru?" Miroku asked again.

Sango was concerned a bit. "Who's Kirinmaru?"

"The Beast King, the one who despises humans and half-demons," Sesshomaru told everyone.

Everyone was shocked.

"I see," Miroku muttered.

"Then should we take him down?" Inuyasha asked.

Kagome shook her head. "No. We can't. If you two use strength to destroy the Grim Comet, then Kirinmaru will be revealed from his slumber."

Inuyasha glared sharply. "Damn..."

"Then what will happen to our children when we don't protect them?" Ayame asked, worried.

"He killed them." Sesshomaru answered as everyone gasped in surprise.

"Bastard. There's no way I won't let that happen to my son!" Inuyasha shouted.

"Don't worry, Inuyasha. We'll figure out how to defeat Kirinmaru." Kagome suggested.

"But it worries me if we don't protect our children!" Inuyasha argued.

She scoffed, glaring at him. "Are you seriously wanting to argue with me, Inuyasha!?"

"As if." He scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"Sit!" Kagome shouted. Inuyasha slammed his face into the ground, which annoyed Sesshomaru when he thinks his half-brother needed to shut up and grow up like an adult.

"Ouch! Why the hell did you do that, Kagome!? You still haven't changed yet!" Inuyasha shouted.

"Well, you haven't changed either when you needed to grow up and start acting like a man for goodness sake!" Kagome shouted back.

"Guys, we don't have time to argue. Right now, there's a problem with the Grim Comet approaching us." Ayame reminded them. They stayed quiet until they stopped arguing, which makes them feel better.