Chapter 12: Curiousity

Konoha ran and leap all the way in the dark paths as she realized that Naraku hasn't captured her yet, but she was too far away from him. She didn't care about the bramble bushes scratching her arms and legs while jumping around with bare feet. She didn't care about which direction she was going in. All she knew what that she had to get away from Naraku.

The next thing she knew, she was in the strange hidden forest when those lights came from the tree above where she leaped across the fields. Where she was safe and sound. She knew where it was. Those leaves covered the lights and the whole place was covered in darkness. Konoha got to admit this place looked so beautiful as she had been there before. She walked towards the hidden forest.

She smiled as she made it home. Konoha arrived at the place called the White Fox's territory. She leaped through the village as she could find the place she called home. There she met an old fox who was falling asleep on the rocking chair, so she could greet her figure grandfather. She leaped onto his lap, waking him up immediately.

He awoke with a jump and exclaimed, which caused Konoha to fall to the ground. "Why, you silly demons! Come and get me! Where are you!?" He shouted as he brought out his broom and swing it.

Then he stopped and saw Konoha standing there with a shocked look. "Oh, hello there, Konoha. Forgive me, I must be dozed off."

"Grandpa Jirou, I have a question," Konoha said with a curious look.

"What is it, dear?" He asked with a kind smile.

"What do my parents look like?" Konoha asked him.

"Ohhh..." He looked away, didn't know how to tell her what her biological parents look like. However, he felt bad for her for not knowing who her real parents are, so he must tell her the truth that he didn't know any of her real parents.

"Well, I really don't remember who they are or never meet your parents, but to me, you smell like a half-demon dog, which your parents are mere human and a full-fledged demon dog," Jirou told her.

"Really? Then tell me!" Konoha pleaded with him, "What do they look like!?"

"Maybe for sure when I smell you, you have your parents' scents, and I knew your mother is a mere human and your father is a demon dog. However, I figured your parents might be deceased after I smelled the fire scent on you." Jirou said with an unfortunate look.

"Oh, I see..." Konoha muttered, looking down.

"Why don't you get some rest? You look exhausted today." Jirou suggested.

She nodded. "Okay."

Just then she went inside and then went to her room before going to bed. When she was asleep, she had a dream about her parents calling out to her after evil demons who captured her and then the conflagration. She didn't know why she had that kind of dream, but clearly, it was just a fragment dream.

A/N: I apologize for the chapter being too short because I've been busy lately updating one of my fanfic stories at work and always lazy to write this. I know I was supposed to write the full chapter, but I'll have to leave the part of the chapter. Once again, I apologize for the short chapter.