Chapter 5: Kagome's Demise

A few days had passed after they destroyed the Grim Comet, Kagome was in the hut, tucking Ayane into bed until she went outside and looked over the stars from the sky. She wondered how Sesshomaru and Shippo were doing after they both left: Sesshomaru went searching for the stranger who had stolen Kikyo's ashes and Shippo who went on training with some other demon foxes and the guards. She was sure they were fine.

When she stood outside, walking in the village all by herself, she heard a footstep approaching behind her. She slowly spun around and saw a familiar full-fledged demon dog.

It was Inuyumi, the Lady of the Northern Land, with raged in jealousy over Kagome. She didn't know why she was there.

Kagome blinked in surprise. "Yumi? What are you doing here?"

Inuyumi gave her a dark smirk, pulling out the knife from the pocket as Kagome widened her icy blue eyes. "I'm taking what is mine," she said before she sank the knife into her stomach which made Kagome gag in pain.

Kagome was shocked in pain, watching Inuyumi pulling out the blade from her freshly wounded stomach. She couldn't move but feel the sudden pain.

"Inuyumi... why...?" Kagome murmured, holding onto her wounded stomach. She then fell to the ground, bleeding out to death. She felt unconscious, almost passing out.

Inuyumi laughed evilly. "It's the only way to kill you, Priestess! You have taken away the one I loved! Now it is time for you to pay! When it was done, I shall take your child away from you, bitch!"

She reached out, trying to stop Inuyumi from walking away from her. She watched her enter the hut where she had found Ayane asleep. She noticed she was stealing her daughter away from her. Inuyumi carefully carried the sleeping Ayane with her arms. She smirked at Kagome, kneeling towards the young priestess slowly.

"I should've had a chance to kill you when you were pregnant with the filthy half-breed of yours," Inuyumi said. She then left Kagome for dead, not like she was dead. Kagome was barely alive still.

***

When Sesshomaru and Kohaku who went with him returned to the village, he smelt the scent from the other side. He noticed there was blood. He widened his golden eyes, realizing it was his wife Kagome. Did someone kill her? Did someone leave her for dead? Then he followed the trail of blood as Kohaku didn't see him coming.

"Lord Sesshomaru, where are you going!?" Kohaku shouted as Sesshomaru didn't respond to him.

As he made it to the end of the trail and he found Kagome bleeding out to death. He gasped in surprise, widening his eyes. Kagome's priestess robes are covered in blood as she lies on the grass with her stomach.

"Kagome!" Sesshomaru yelled out her name.

When he screamed out her name, everyone rushed out of the hut and found Kagome was stabbed in the stomach. Everyone gasped. Sesshomaru picked her up carefully, covering up her wounded and stopping the blood.

"Kagome, no!" Ayame cried out as her green eyes filled with tears.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha cried back.

Sesshomaru trembled as he leaned close to Kagome's forehead. "Kagome...! Please... stay with me! Stay with us! We need you! I need you! Ayane need you!"

She slowly opened her eyes, staring at his sad gaze. "Sess... homaru..."

"Kagome?"

Kagome clutched his kimono shirt tightly, trying to speak up. "You must... save Ayane... Please... save her...!"

He was confused and shocked as tears flowed down his face. "What!?" he inhaled heavily. "Ayane!? They took Naoki!? Do you know who kidnapped Naoki!?"

Her eyes gone softened, almost passing. "Inu... yumi... did it... Inuyumi... kidnapped Ayane... please... save her... Sess... homaru...!" Without a warning, he watched her body gone collapse as he noticed she died.

Sesshomaru gritted his teeth in sadness. "No... NO!"

"Sesshomaru, use the Tenseiga sword!" It was Rin who shouted. "It's the only way to save her!"

He blinked in surprise. He knew the Tenseiga will save her life from death. He placed Kagome on the bloody ground. He pulled the Tenseiga sword and pointed at her body where she was surrounded by the goblins. Within a second, he swung the sword, sweeping the goblins away from her. Kagome's body was now recovered.

Kagome slowly opened her eyes and saw Sesshomaru and the others staring at her with a worry looks. "Sesshomaru...? Guys...?"

Sesshomaru hushed her as he placed his bare hand on her right cheek. He was so glad she was still alive. "It's okay, Kagome," he said softly, sniffing and the last tear flowed down his face. "You're okay, now. Let's take you to Kaede's hut. You needed to rest."

When he was about to pick Kagome up in a bridal style, she noticed she had forgotten something. No... her daughter was kidnapped by Inuyumi.! She widened her eyes as she remembered how Inuyumi had killed her and then stolen Ayane away from her.

"Oh, no! Ayane! Inuyumi has kidnapped our daughter! We have to save her, Sesshomaru! We have to stop her!" Kagome panicked. Sesshomaru was shocked at remembering some kinds of stuff. She has her energy back with no exhaustion from death. Gladly, Kagome will never die. He wanted to thank the Tenseiga sword for saving her life.

"Kagome, calm down. You needed to rest. You're just overreacting," Inuyasha said with arms crossed underneath his sleeves.

"Well, I'm not dead yet, you idiot! I will never die so easily! I want to thank my husband Sesshomaru and the Tenseiga sword for saving my life! I almost died, Inuyasha! I will not believe that Ayane was stolen by Inuyumi! Now let me go find her, you guys, and stop worrying about me! I'll be fine!" Kagome snapped before Sesshomaru put her down then she grabbed Inuyasha in the hair. "Now get your butt over here and go find Ayane! She's in great danger, for God's sake!"

Inuyasha sighed and did as he was told, there was no way he would win this fight. He sniffed and caught Inuyumi and Ayane's scent. "I got it! They headed that way towards the dark forest!" he shouted only to discover Kagome was already on his back and the others followed him.

"Then go!" Kagome shouted back, pointing towards the trail. Then the others ran as fast as they could, in pursuit of Sesshomaru's daughter.