⤃ C H A P T E R   4

Jungkook was still questioning how Jimin was okay with being in a stranger's house. They had met each other just last night and here Jimin was, acting like he didn't have a care in the world. It wasn't like he had a problem with it. Jimin seemed like a cool guy. He was attractive too with his dark brown hair and nice plump lips.

The sweatshirt that he was wearing was oversized and a little cropped so as he moved around, Jungkook could see snippets of Jimin's waist or shoulder and it was quite the view.

But Jungkook couldn't be like Jimin and let his guard down that easily, he was different. And even though he'd say he's grown from his experiences, letting go like that was just something he couldn't yet process doing.

"Do you wanna go grab something to eat?" Jungkook offered as he sat on his newly set up sofa

"Sure, what do you have in mind?"
Jimin replied gingerly as he joined Jungkook on the sofa

"Ramyun" Jungkook said as a playful smirk drew across his face

▣▣▣

Contrary to what Jimin thought Jungkook meant, they ended up going to an actual ramyun place although he wouldn't say he was disappointed because the food was good but he wouldn't have minded if jungkook had meant the other type of ramyun.

Eating his food mindlessly, Jimin suddenly spotted one of his friends. Jimin felt... weird. That was the only way he could describe it.

It wasn't like he and Jungkook were on a date or having anything special in particular but he didn't want his friend to interrupt them.

It would be a whole thing and Hoseok would definitely embarrass him. And as far as first impressions went, Jimin was pretty sure he'd already blown his because what else could qualify as a meet-cute other than someone saving you from your drunk, idiot ex-boyfriend?

As if reading Jimin's mind, Hoseok walked past their table pretending not to know who Jimin was. Although once out of Jungkook's sight, he mouthed to Jimin to call him later. Jimin knew he would never hear the end of this.

"So, where are you from?" He asked in an effort to make some conversion.

Shifting in his seat, Jungkook's mood turned sullen as he cleared his throat and muttered shortly
"Busan"

"Oh me too," But sensing Jungkook's uneasiness, Jimin tried changing the subject
"I work as a choreographer at a dance studio not too far from here"

"Do you just teach?"

Jungkook still didn't seem to be fully reverted back to his playful, flirty self but Jimin figured that he was asking questions so that must mean he was interested in the conversation... right?

"I do both. I take classes there most afternoons but in the mornings, I choreograph and teach kids"

"That's why you wake up so early huh?" Jungkook asked smiling

"Yeah" Jimin chuckled

"I could never wake up that early. Let alone have to deal with kids after"

Jimin laughed, "I mean, they can be a lot sometimes but I love my job. What do you do?"

"Oh, I uh work from home," Jungkook said clearing his throat

Jimin didn't miss how Jungkook evaded his question. It seemed like Jungkook just didn't like talking about himself.

Upon first meeting him, Jungkook made himself appear casual. And even though Jimin had only known him for a day, Jimin noticed that Jungkook seemed to hide behind this playful and flirty personality.

Who are you Jungkook?

Jimin would soon find out that he was asking the wrong question.
It wasn't: Who are you?

It was: What happened to you?