C H A P T E R   10 ⤂

...Jungkook 17 years old...

Jungkook was tired. Tired of his dad, and this town and he wanted nothing to do with it anymore but he could never just leave. Well, he thought he couldn't until one day he couldn't take it anymore.

Like any other day, his dad had found another reason to beat him up and then proceeded to pass out drunkenly on the couch.

Jungkook just wanted to leave then he realized there really was nothing holding him back. If he left right now his dad wouldn't notice and once he did eventually wake up and find that jungkook had not come back home, jungkook doubted he would care.

His dad always wanted him gone so why not just do the old rag a favor?

So all battered up and bloody, teary-eyed jungkook just left.

He didn't have anything special that he'd need to pack or take with him and he didn't even care to take food but anywhere he ended up was better than the place that he was supposed to call home.

He left the house shutting the door behind him and the feeling he got when he stepped out this time was different. He felt like he was finally doing something for himself, something good. He felt light as he walked despite the sharp pain in his ribs from the beatings.

Jungkook walked and walked his steps eventually breaking into a sprint. As he ran the crisp cold air filled his senses he then realized that he forgot to bring a jacket. He felt the cold air brush up on some of his open wounds but he didn't care.

Tears fell from his eyes and he didn't know whether it was from the wind in his eyes or the fact that he was overjoyed.

He ran and then walked when he couldn't anymore trying to get away from his dad and his town.

He ran until exhaustion took over and he could no longer bear the pain. His head began to spin and his vision started to blur.

Maybe he had lost too much blood, he thought but all Jungkook could think about at that moment was that he'd finally escaped.

He was finally free.

He finally knew what it felt like to be happy.

These were his last thoughts before he collapsed on the side of the road.