⤃ C H A P T E R   16

After that morning, for the past couple of months, Jungkook had been offering pieces of himself and his past to Jimin and with time Jimin began to understand why jungkook's story wasn't something he could tell just anyone, especially someone he'd just met.

Jungkook was waiting for Tae in his car outside the art gallery so that they could go grab something to eat together.

At the restaurant, Jungkook was fidgeting and Tae knew he only did that when he had something to say.

"What's wrong?" Tae asked when he'd finally had enough

Jungkook sighed "Well I- I want to make it official with Jimin but I don't know how to make it special"

"Oh my gosh that's right he's gonna be your first boyfriend!"

"I don't even know how I'm gonna ask him. I don't even know if he's gonna say yes."

"Why wouldn't he say yes? You guys have basically been living in each other's houses and if you ask me this talking stage is long overdue" Taehyung said as he took another bite of his food but Jungkook remained quiet

"You still haven't told him about your dad" Tae wasn't asking

Jungkook clenched his jaw "No"

"Come on Kook, if I was Jimin I would have left you already. He's being so patient with you and I know you really like him because you literally never shut up about him so what's the problem?"

"I- I just don't want him to treat me differently like I'm fragile. I've grown from who I was before"

"Then let him know that! Jimin is one of the most earnest people I've met. He'd never treat you the way you didn't want to be treated. You wanted my advice? Here it is, tell Jimin everything. it's not gonna change what he thinks of you and if it does then he's not the one. You have to take risks sometimes jungkook and I know it's scary but you'll never grow until you understand that"