⤃ C H A P T E R   9

Jungkook made his way to his room as he picked up the facetime call.
"What's up"

"Does something have to be up for me to call you?"
Jungkook rolled his eyes at his friend's dramatics

"Anyway, how's the move been? Do you like the place?"

"Yeah it's nice"

"I'm so glad that you're closer now. sorry I haven't been able to come visit, I've been busy at the gallery" Taehyung said

As well as for many other artists, Tae works as Jungkook's publisher. They talk on the phone for a while about Jungkook's next collection and other things.

"So how's the neighborhood? Do you have nice neighbors?"

Seeing the shy smile that slowly appeared on jungkook's face Tae immediately knew something was up
"Who is he?" Tae teased

"I don't know what you're talking about"

"If you don't want to tell me don't tell me but I think whoever it is if they're making you smile like that, you should ask them out"

"Well if I happened to know what you were talking about and there happened to be a guy, hypothetically what if the guy just sees us as friends right now?"
"Hypothetically"

Tae didn't know who Jungkook was trying to fool but he went along with it anyway
"Well, I would say that you should ask him out so that he could see how much boyfriend material you are!"

Jungkook didn't look convinced
"Come on Jk, new town, new opportunities. You can be yourself. Let someone else in Jungkook, you need it. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out but you have to at least try, or else you'll never know instead of living in a constant cycle of what if"