[1] dates? since when?

Y/N's POV

i wish salma would stop throwing me around just once.

jonatan, our coach, believes we need to be in playing actual games rather than just running drills more than half the time. salma and i are always against each other no matter how close of friends we are, we're just always butting heads to be first. if anything, i'd say it's a very healthy friendship.

"oh come on, she's fine!" like hell i am. i deserve this penalty. "ya cállate and gimme the ball already." i snap from behind her and she smirks at me knowing damn well she threw me on purpose.

"a please would get you the ball."

"yeah right if anything i should be pleading for you to stop shoving me out the way." she shrugs and starts to walk to her team. "así es el juego."

the game we play, definitely.

as i'm getting situated, you can already hear the steps of the men's team filling up the bleachers.

it doesn't happen often where they come early to our practice but when they do, they wait it out up there.

other times, we run extra time so i wonder who's fault it is today.

xavi greets jonatan with such a brotherly hug. it's cute but it doesn't last; jana once told me she shipped them as a joke, but so much for a joke because now it's all i think about when they're around each other and it makes me sick.

"que chingada estás diciendo? they're grown men-"

"shhh, just think about it."

"you wish i could." salma butts in.

the conversation we had that day gets interrupted by the sound of the whistle. thankfully i snapped out of it or else that would've been really embarrassing just standing there now that we have guests.

going slow and steady when it comes to penalties is my specialty. if i'm feeling brave i give the kick my all.

since it's not an important game, slow and steady it is.

with that, i stay undefeated by salma and i's friendly rivalry as my kick hits the corner post and makes itself in. just as i'm running back up to my team, the whistle is blown by jonatan which means we were definitely running over time.

everyone slowly but surely gets off the field as the sound of the cleats smack against the bleachers again.

both teams get along quite well because this isn't our first time bumping into each other.

we truly are a family which is why i can greet everyone with no problem.

"ansu!" i call after him.

he's accompanied by his friends, including gavi. i've had one conversation with him but he's just so timid it almost annoys me that it feels like i can't talk to him like everyone else.

plus, the guy is practically glued to pedri.

even pedri himself has mentioned he needs to have better social skills. but i shouldn't mention it because he continued to tell me to never dare tell anyone or he would throw a ball so hard at me i'd end up in a coma.

touchy subject i guess.

"y/n! killing it as always. or did you think i didn't see you just now?" i was kind of hoping everyone was; maybe i do sometimes like the attention what can i say. "i bet you were since you're practically my number one fan." he rolled his eyes at me. "you wish, you're always making a big deal out of my compliments."

"can you blame her? she's y/n." pedri slaps his hand so hard on my shoulder it could leave a hand print.

"and that was for?!" i immediately slap it off rubbing it because it hurt like hell. "way to congratulate her."

who knew gavi could speak.

"deveras, you're always so aggressive and i didn't even do anything this time." i move away from him, not realizing i'm now standing right next to gavi. "whatever. shouldn't you get off the field? it's our practice time."

"yeah yeah i was just going. have fun pedri, you too ansu. and you as well gavi."

you know when your friends are around their friends who aren't your friends so you gotta treat them like your friend for a split second or else it eats you up inside? yeah that's exactly what i just did to gavi.

"oh, gracias, y/n." he has a pretty smile, though, i never got to notice it from being nowhere near friends with him.

"y/n come over here! xavi wants to say hi."

i excuse myself, saying my final goodbyes as everyone leaves messing around with each other like idiots.

xavi is like a father to me actually. he noticed me when i was playing in my high school's team when i was still in the states from some clip some parent posted. who would've known it would bring me here of all places.

"xavi!" not only do i see him as a father, he sees me as a daughter. "y/n! i was hoping to run into you."

"yeah i thought we would just have to see each other at the airport."

the ballon d'Or is two days from now. am i packed? god no but pedri isn't either, and according to him, neither is gavi, so why stress?

"make sure you have everything. y lo juro por que la última vez-"

"WE DONT TALK ABOUT LAST TIME!"

"NOW WE DO!"

yeah so i forgot my entire dress last time. things happen! everyone realized we were yelling and all eyes landed on us. "did i say to stop?! vamos chicos!" it's crazy what a man with a puffer and a whistle can do to get these guys to do what they have to do. "i'll have everything, i promise."

"you better. you represent barça. i want things to go perfectly."

and everything will. as long as he stops slapping gavi and i's name in the same sentence saying we're each other's dates.