[28] super copa 1

GAVI's POV

the same bed i woke up on three days ago was the same one i'm waking up in to head to the airport with y/n and xavi.

y/n's head is rested on my arm as i try to reach for the alarm on her side that's slowly waking her up. i can see her rubbing her eyes by the time i turned it off. "someone slept well." i kiss her forehead but instead of getting up, she makes herself more comfortable in bed. "i know i'm supposed to be excited and all but it's way too early."

because of the two hour time difference and the roughly six hour flight... it only makes sense that we're waking up at 3:30 in the morning.

"come on. i can already imagine xavi's up." when we ate dinner last night as three, he couldn't stop bouncing his leg. so most of the dinner was spent avoiding any and all talk about the game. "fine." she groans and gets our from her side and walks into the bathroom.

i know she's gonna take a while so i start to get my clothes on and take our backpacks downstairs.

when i get to the bottom, i see xavi on the island with his tablet and from what i can see, the playing field. "did you even get to sleep-" as i'm getting closer, my voice must've startled him to death and he jumps in his seat. "not in my home, gavi!"

so i take my question as a no.

the second i look at him, i see his droopy eyes. "i slept for an hour. didn't and couldn't after that."

he's definitely more nervous than any of us. "wanna say why?" trust between a coach and player should go both ways, right?

he's clicking on his pen, deciding whether to tell me or not before he sighs and drops everything.

i take my seat on the stool next to him and face towards him. "it could be my first trophy as your coach. it's just the jitters that come with it, i guess. solo quiero que todo salga bien." i nod, fully understanding what he's talking about because he has nothing but the right to feel like this.

but i as his player have to give him reassurance. "también queremos eso. on my behalf, i promise to get you that trophy."

by making this promise, i know i'll try harder then i've ever tried.

that way i know i wasn't just giving him false hopes. "quisiera nada mas," he pats my shoulder and i smile at that. "that still doesn't help the fact that you're bringing y/n as your plus one but for today's sake, i'll let it slide."

"no you won't."

"you're so right because try something and i sub you out, got it?" more than anything now.

Y/N's POV

"i swear he told him something."

ever since we left the house and arrived to the airport where we met up with everyone else, gavi's been a little off. "did you ask?" obviously. i look back elena, sergio's wife, and toss my head back. "maybe try again?"

i guess, if that's what gets through to him.

everyone else is sat in the terminal while he's looking down at his phone away from them.