[4] you're texting-

Y/N's POV

my alarm woke me up not too long ago, but all my moving around woke up jana so now she's watching me eat whatever i can because i probably won't have time until we land.

"your hair's a mess, let me brush it out." she proceeds to get up from the island and comes from behind me. i almost stop her though because i'm sure to fall back asleep if anyone were to touch my hair. it's just so soothing.

but it's pure silence until she breaks it. "i bet jude's excited."

i called him right after confirming everything with gavi and i've never had someone be so excited to know i'm going as their date.

maybe that's what makes him so perfect.

"yeah actually, it was cute hearing him all giddy." god this man does things to me. "if anything, and i mean anything happens, i'll fly to paris myself for you." jana is the sweetest, i don't even wanna think about life without her. "thanks, but right now you can help me with-"

"no i'm going back to sleep, love you tons though." well, she can be the sweetest.

she kisses my forehead at the door as someone is already outside with the trunk opened to the car i'm supposed to be on.

it's a really big car so i can only imagine-

"y/n, it's crazy how pretty you can look this early in the morning!" pedri greets me with gavi by his side as the door swings open before i could touch the handle.

honestly, that sounds great to hear because i'm not a morning person. "buenos días."

i make my way and put the small purse with my passport and everything i need by my side.

"you nervous?" sort of, sort of not?

i'm up against much older woman for the balloon d'Or feminin, and although i think i've had a great season, it doesn't really assure my win. "wouldn't anyone be?" he shrugs and looks over to gavi. "not this guy, his ego is so big he thinks he has it in the bag."

"do i not?" this cocky ass-

"oh shush. you're up against ansu, bellingham, camavinga, silva-"

"and that means?" that means maybe pedri should drop the conversation because as soon as jude was even mentioned, gavi's eyes shot straight for mine. "y/n, who do you think is going to win?"

"you're asking the wrong person."

pedri and gavi are so annoying together. the airport is an hour and a half drive and we're taking the coach bus to where i'm sat all the way in the back as the both of them are practically spitting on each other from yelling so much.

i'd say keep it down, but something has to tire them out eventually, right?!

"can you two-"

"GOAAALLL." that stupid video game had gavi throw his controller after losing to pedri all the way back here only for it to land on my face.

"ow!" both of them snap their heads and get up from their seats. "que hicieron, pendejos?!" now they have xavi in the back with the rest of us.
"y/n i'm really sorry!" my hand is trying to sooth the pain in my nose as gavi gets a hold of it and does the rest of the work for me. "it's still too early for you to be throwing things at me because of a stupid game." i side eye him now that he's taken the seat next to me.

xavi goes back up front and opens the mini fridge in here to hand gavi an ice pack.

"how bad is it?" gavi's making his way back to the seat next to me and pedri is peaking from the seat in front of us. "i think i've had worse on the field. that doesn't mean it was necessary, though."

i'm about to get the ice pack from gavi's hand before he rejects it.

"let me. i mean, i did throw it."

i sigh at his words and nod, adjusting my head on the headrest. it doesn't last though, my phone goes off and i pull away for a second, gavi giving me a look telling me to hurry up.

jude 😨

jude 😨
can't wait to see u there 🫶!
i just know you're gonna look heavenly x

me
you dont even know how excited i am to see u

jude 😨
not as much as me 😒

me
more actually 😋

not remembering that pedri and gavi are right there. i start to smile to myself.

unfortunately, pedri notices and readjusts himself so before i could even turn off my phone, he snatches my phone out and reads the texts between us just now. "pedri!" i spring out of my seat, causing me to hit the air conditioning from above. "that one was on you that time." gavi says from next to me.

that hurt more than the controller.

"YOU'RE TALKING TO-"

"PEDRI YA PARA DE ESTÁ METICHE AND GIVE ME MY PHONE BACK." xavi and jonatan are looking at all of us. mostly at gavi to try to get a better understanding of what pedri and i are bickering about. "NO WAY! I CANT BELIEVE YOU'RE-"

"pedri shut the fuck up and sit down. if either of you were paying any attention you'd see that we're here!"

"you're so sassy, you know that right?" i ask. "oh you'd rather me let pedri yell out who you're talking to?" my eyes are bulging out of my sockets by now. "NO!"

"okay great! now get off i'm tired of you two."

if only he knew how i felt.

i sigh and get my phone back as pedri follows closely behind me. "bellingham?!" he whispers loud enough to where only i could hear "and i thought you and gavi we're each other's dates! how do you think xavi is gonna-"

"neither of you are saying shit, okay?"

the three of us stop as everyone else goes on. "listen, it was last minute, i wasn't gonna pass up being his date, and gavi's okay with it!"

"and as for xavi?!"

"god stop worrying about him he's a grown adult! i wouldn't even be said to go with gavi if it weren't for him." pedri tried to argue that i had already agreed right in front of him, which is true but that's not my concern.

"y/n's right, it's her choice so can we just.. drop this whole conversation already?" gavi says from beside me.

finally, something we can all agree on.