[5] ballon d'Or prep

yes that's the dress you'll be wearing for the event if you don't like it then... die idk!

Y/N's POV

it's been hours since we got off the plane.

we had so much time since the event starts at 9:30 pm that we even took a tour bus to see all of paris. thank god i got to change on the plane and apply some makeup. i would never allow myself to walk around the streets of paris looking like i haven't slept all night.

i couldn't even get a nap in.

a bit of stressing, a few jitters too. and it wasn't just about one thing, it was multiple. mostly all the scenarios i made up.

all in all, i've had a great day and i wanna end it off that way.

it's 7:20 pm and a knock on the really fancy hotel door we're staying in just to get ready startled me.

i get up immediately, passing by my dress that's neatly hung in it's bag since it came along as a whole other carry on. i open the door and see three different people with suitcases that i just know are full of everything to get me dolled up for tonight. "oh it's so lovely to meet the y/n l/n!" i'm already loving this treatment. "you all as well, come in!" all of them with an accent to their english.

"i'm camille, that's hugo, and she's paula." makeup, hair, and stylist. what a great team.

they settle in and even set up a chair in front of the really nice vanity in the room for me. "so y/n, first gala!"

yeah, i've only ever been invited to barça related events but this time it would be nowhere near that. as i'm speaking about everything going through my mind, i can't help but admire how well they work together and can interact with one another without getting fully distracted.

"so, you and pablo gavi?" oh lord. "we're friends... sort of. we hardly see one another so there aren't many chances to talk so it's weird i guess." hugo is taken back and drops the strand he was curling. "wait so you guys aren't dating? i've been lied to, then!"

"you just as everyone else, hugo." i sip on the water that's been given to me.

"i told you they weren't dating!"

camille, who stops everything for that points at hugo and paula. "there just wasn't enough proof, not even one picture of them together."

thank you! if only his fangirls could think that far to know that we have like two pictures together, tops.

it's 8:40 pm and everything is done. hugo slicked the front of my hair to tuck behind my ears and did loose curls on the rest while camille did a natural look on me except for the cat eye i asked for.

right about now, paula was ushering me to get out the chair and get up on the little stand to get the dress on after being in my robe the entire time.

if this dress doesn't blow jude away, i don't know what will.

it's a velvet material that hugs the top of my body down to my hips in the right places with somewhat thick straps and the bottom has these silver charms that shine so bright.

paula puts me in the most beautiful cartier necklace i'll be borrowing and in silver prada leather sandals with a heel to them.

now not even i can look away from the mirror.

did that sound a bit narcissistic? probably.

i took quick pictures and then invited my crew who i couldn't have looked this good without. they also take a few pictures of me, mostly for their instagram's but i had no problem with it.

"we wish you the best night, y/n. enjoy it all, just don't do anything we wouldn't." we all laugh at the door, the time now being 9:00 pm and it takes a bit to get there, plus traffic. so we all hurry into the elevator.

"okay wait." everyone looks at me and the stupidest thing comes out my mouth "would you guys go with jude bellingham rather than gavi? asking for a friend... duh!" hugo is squealing his lungs out. "THAT'S WHY YOU AND GAVI AREN'T DATES?! THIS GOT REAL REALLY FAST."

"yes, i would do anything for that boy." camille gets so serious it's almost not funny. "who is jude-"

"get out." hugo doesn't even let paula finish.

the elevator door opens and the crew walks behind me; hugo trying to pull up jude's instagram for paula, and camille trying to catch up to me but i'm now rushing.

i make the turn to be met with everyone waiting on me. "i'm really sorry, i got us distracted. we're here though!" all heads turn and all eyes are on me.

it doesn't help that i look all flustered right about now.

"y/n, te miras linda!" xavi comes up to me for a hug and jonatan comes from next to me. "it was worth being late, don't even worry about it."

i part myself from there to find ansu, pedri, and gavi. "ansu!"

i've seen enough of pedri and gavi for today.

though, there was no hiding that they looked really good in their suits. "holy shit, y/n. like, holy shit. a little warning next time." right cuz there's gonna be a next time. "way to ignore us." pedri says from behind after my hug with ansu.

"i'm a bit tired of seeing you two."

yeah i'm definitely flustered right about now because it doesn't help that they're both looking me up and down. "wish i could say the same, but you're too beautiful so come here already." pedri pulls my arm so hard my whole body slams against his for the hug.

"you're the worst hugger."

"no i've actually been told i'm the best." his mom is probably the only one ever to tell him that for all i know. i pull away and finally say something to gavi.

"stop staring, i know i look flustered." camille probably shouldn't have bothered with the blush, i have a feeling the red undertone i have going on will last me all night.

it's only going to get worse around jude.

"sorry? i don't know you look great- good-"

"did you just go from great to good?"

"y/n, you look amazing. i'm sorry about that." he scratches the back of his neck and i smile slightly before going in to adjust his tie. "you look just as amazing. don't know who did your tie though." he smiles at me and i smile back before we get interrupted. "the driver isn't even here yet so let's get our pictures in!" jonatan moves us all around for his 'perfect shot.'

we all get in and take it in every angle you could think of. we all gave our phones to someone so it it was hard to tell which one to look at.

"okay i think that's enough we got to go!"

please have the night go right.