[8] disaster

GAVI's POV

we're early to our morning practice again but the last time i saw y/n, she was slumped on my lap and pedri had to carry her into her shared house with her two teammates. but now i'm sat on the bleachers as she's quite literally benched from everything.

her game, well, her team's game is tonight and they have an extra hour which we all forgot about and showed up at our normal time.

i can't believe i could've had more time to sleep in.

her elbows are propped on her knees, watching her teammates, no doubt still upset about this.

that night on the plane, jonatan and xavi stayed in the back the whole time and were the first ones to leave the plane without saying anything to anyone. the entirety of it the flight was y/n moping about how embarrassing it is to be benched and that it's not that she doesn't believe in her team, but being left out isn't something she takes easily.

but it seems like that's exactly what's happening.

not to mention, there were big headlines with both y/n, jude, and i circling around the next day. many asking if they were dating, why we didn't show up together as promised, and if we were actually dating but clearly that wasn't the case.

"i feel awful for her." pedri finally appears after taking an eternity. she told pedri that jude has tried contacting her but she leaves him on delivered.

if i'm being honest, i feel bad for the guy.

"that doesn't means she should shut everyone out like this." i could never say this out loud because everyone adores her and would come to her defense when is say this act is childish. do i think her punishment is pushing it? yeah, but you think she would accept it by now. "ferran talks to jana and salma sometimes, you know, cuz all of them keep contact with sira and even at home she's stubborn about it."

see, like how could you not feel bad acting like that around your roommates? "she's bound to get over it. it's one game."

one thing about pedri is he'll find a way to pitch her in any chance he gets. "you know what could cheer her up?" i turn to pedri.

"yeah?"

"you finally confessing your obvious crush on her." confirming it if anything. "oh shut up." i thought my joke was pretty good, he didn't though.

"i'm being serious though!"

"and i'm seriously telling you to shut up because i don't know what you're talking-"

"i on the other hand, know exactly what gavi's talking about." balde, without any warning jumps over the seats and into the one right next to me. i try not to act startled but inside i'm really trying to compose myself without making it noticeable. "doesn't sound like a bad idea either."

pedri, clearly annoyed by the both of us rolls his eyes and leaves without a word.

Y/N's POV

at this point, i was dizzy just following my friends with the ball.

i still couldn't wrap my head around this whole being benched thing all because i wanted to go with someone from a different club! with all due respect to jonatan and xavi but... what the fuck? who does that?! and from practice too?

that's just another level.

after a moment, jana asks me to refill her water bottle. she feels guilty asking but i don't mind, that way i actually have an excuse to go in without jonatan questioning me.