[22] with you in the crowd

Y/N's POV

the sound the phone makes after another picture from behind me is taken startles me but this is like the fourth one i've heard.

sira hasn't dropped it the second she picked me up.

"no way. es esa camiseta de gavi que tienes puesta?! you guys are so cute i can't believe he gave it to you!"

the entire car ride was squeal after squeal. all i could do was press my head against the window and block her out.

it didn't seem like a big deal until i took my sweater off and xavi didn't stop giving me looks. plus the camera crews had a blast flashing and taking pics of me at every angle.

"maybe i should put it back on."

i go back to the bench to sira after pacing back and forth.

because i'm here with xavi, sira and i got the chance to be upfront with the rest of the players. as i'm going to reach it, sira grabs onto it and puts it closer to her which only puts it farther from me. "i'm not letting that happen. he gave it to you for a reason!" he hasn't even seen me without the sweater.

when they came out to practice i still had it on and all he could do was glance at me from time to time and he wasn't good at hiding his reaction.

he went in before everyone else and that's when i took it off because of the guilt that got to me.

i sigh and take a seat next to her and just in time because you can hear the crowd go wild which means they're coming back out and the game is about to begin.

although i can't help but keep an eye out got joão felix, the only noticeable person on that team is griezmann who i've gotten the chance to talk to many times. there was doubt in mind his girls won in favor of the neon pink hair he's got.

athético fans do not hold back. their voices fill the whole stadium as players shake hands and wait for barça.

they come out and i've never been so thankful that gavi turned his head back and shot a smile at me now that my sweater was off.

after the last players shake hands, both captains wish each other the best of luck and the game begins.

you can tell how a game is about to go from the first few minutes. and i can't help but see the way everyone is pushing and shoving so i tell sira to sit back and relax after seeing her at the edge of her seat because it's about to be a long game.

"what the fuck are they doing?!"

"probably fighting over their fangirls. maybe even you." i side eye sira annoyed because both joão and gavi's backs are facing us waiting for griezmann's corner kick.

they're are supposed to be blocking but instead they're pushing the hell out of each other back and fourth. "when's half time?"

"two minutes." i answer back.

i'm really happy about dembélé's goal and gavi's assist but i honestly can't wait for this first part to be over.