[33] the perfect pair

Y/N's POV

"is that everything?"

gavi's loading my last box into his car after taking it from my hands. "yeah i think so."

gavi and i have been together for a little over a year. this was our last big step into it. our first was the cavapoo dog he got me. now it was the apartment we got together. we both got a lot of input on this move whether we wanted it or not but we knew it'd be right for us because we've grown inseparable.

not in the annoying-clingy couple kind of way, but the way where we feel nothing but safe and loved by each others company.

but now we're in the garage of xavi's apartments, who's standing against one of the pillars.

mars, secretly named after gavi's middle name even though i lied to him saying it was for the sea, is barking but although he's very quiet about it; it's literally ricocheting off the walls down here.

gavi closes the trunk and it's somewhat quiet enough to where i can finally go up to xavi without bawling even though he seems ready for a fond farewell.

our new place is only a twenty minute drive, but that doesn't mean i won't forget my first home when i came to barcelona.

"not so easy being an adult, is it?"

definitely not. the past two weeks we were trying to set up the new place and we got most of the work done thanks to everyone who pitched in so that today we can say we've settled close enough. but this was the last thing i had to do on my own. "thanks for the love, home, and opportunities. i really don't know where'd i be without you."

i'd probably still be in the states and i would've continued playing as a hobby and on a random high school team, rather than making it my whole life.

"you would've made it just as far. anyone could see your potential and talent from miles away. but i knew it in my heart you'd be a star. i only gave you a push, you did the rest."

he gave me a chance and a whole other perspective, making me look at the bigger picture.

that bigger picture being the world and where these talents could take me at any second.

i sigh but i can't just stand here any longer without bringing him into a hug. "i'll still see you at my games and practices, right?"

"i'll find any and every way to be there, don't worry."

hearing that from him doesn't make this move so difficult anymore. i give him one last squeeze before i hear the car start up and he rubs my back and i make my way to the passenger seat.

i didn't realize xavi was following but stopped right at gavi's window to which he rolled down.

the moment i shut my door i felt gavi tense up. "take care her for me. don't do anything stupid, or something you'll regret. no shoving or pushing, and most of all no tears because if she turns up at my door one day i swear i'll-"

"xavi, you're gonna traumatize him."

"who said he already hasn't?" gavi pitches in and puts his hands up in defense at xavi who gives him a snake eye. "she'll be safe, i promise."