[7] can tonight night be over?

hang on, it's a long chapter..

Y/N's POV

"so that's why we saw ansu running to the bathroom!" i could've broken my ankle chasing him for fucks sake.

by now we were all in the limo that had the nicest seats i've ever sat in. both pedri and gavi were by my side and my leg was shaking.

jude would meet me at the front so we could walk some of the carpet together. pedri was distracted talking to jonatan about our game against madrid which was also two days from now.

this whole week that's all he's been talking about.

"tenemos que ganar!" he's right, i can't imagine losing to them if tonight goes well and i win that award against women on that team who were also nominated.

i need to stop thinking. it's too much for a 17 year old. i sigh and try to sink into my seat, maybe that way i'll find a comfortable position.

gavi must've heard me sigh, seeing as we're so close that our legs are literally touching because pedri thinks it's okay to spread his legs that wide and take up my space. "estás bien?" i know he's genuinely asking, but that's the worst thing to ask someone when they're this anxious.

"más o menos. it's big night that's all."

he looks at me dead in the eyes, knowing i'm bullshitting. "so this isn't about you-know-who?" this time, he says it into my ear.

at least someone where knows how to keep a secret when you ask them to.

"okay yeah, a little. i'm afraid of what's gonna happen after and what people are gonna say. i can only imagine how his fangirls could react." this time, he looks at me sincerely. "would you date him? like actually?" if given the chance, who knows. i know i'm delusional but it only goes so far. "eh, i'm not good at long distance. you forget we leave right after the event."

he nods at me anyways, "sorry again for-"

"you apologize more than you say anything else, gavi. stop that." my leg continues to bounce as i break eye contact with him and look around because i now feel bad for saying it like that.

though, it doesn't take long for our eyes to meet again.

he placed his hand on my leg that was bouncing. "or, you could stop worrying so much. you look really pretty tonight, make something of it." the sincere look he had even before i snapped at him like that was still there.

"thank you."

i blink a few times, letting my plain words sink in. i sounded just as awful as him saying sorry. "wait no, let me try that again because that was sweet of you and i shouldn't have said what i said before and-"

"forget it, seriously." maybe i should because just as he says that, the car stops and we all look out the window.

as promised, he's waiting exactly where he said he would.

there's just no way i'm about to meet jude.

i look back at gavi who was already looking at me after also seeing jude before making his way out.